Windows Vista Forums

Could Vista Forums accounts be copied to SevenForums and The Windows 8 Forum?

  1. #1
    Ojaser6's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Jan 2009
    This Weird Place in Canada
    Posts : 208
    Vista Ultimate 32bit / Windows 7 RTM x64
    Local Time: 09:30 PM
    canada ca british columbia

    Could Vista Forums accounts be copied to SevenForums and The Windows 8 Forum?

    I was just wondering...

    Since Windows 7 Forums and Windows 8 Forums are sister sites of Vista Forums, why not copy all the accounts here to the sister sites? It would save a lot of time for all of us, I think. Is anyone with my idea? Anyone?

    Brink? Are you with us? Please say yes!

    And... Congrats to myself for my 100th post! Yay for ME!!!!!

    Ojaser6

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2
    skunksmash's Avatar

    im coming for cake


    Join Date : Jan 2008
    norfolk
    Posts : 2,254
    ultimate 64 SP1
    Local Time: 01:30 PM
    england uk essex

     
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojaser6 View Post
    I was just wondering...

    Since Windows 7 Forums and Windows 8 Forums are sister sites of Vista Forums, why not copy all the accounts here to the sister sites? It would save a lot of time for all of us, I think. Is anyone with my idea? Anyone?

    Brink? Are you with us? Please say yes!

    And... Congrats to myself for my 100th post! Yay for ME!!!!!

    Ojaser6
    Hi Ojaser6........ well done on the 100th post


    unfortunately transferring all the active accounts over to the sister forums would simply take far too long, its much quicker for the said individuals to create the accounts themselves.... there's also a bucket-load of personal info which would have to be transferred to the relevant sections.

    it would take forever

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3
    Ojaser6's Avatar

    Senior Member
    Join Date : Jan 2009
    This Weird Place in Canada
    Posts : 208
    Vista Ultimate 32bit / Windows 7 RTM x64
    Local Time: 09:30 PM
    canada ca british columbia

      Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by skunksmash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojaser6 View Post
    I was just wondering...

    Since Windows 7 Forums and Windows 8 Forums are sister sites of Vista Forums, why not copy all the accounts here to the sister sites? It would save a lot of time for all of us, I think. Is anyone with my idea? Anyone?

    Brink? Are you with us? Please say yes!

    And... Congrats to myself for my 100th post! Yay for ME!!!!!

    Ojaser6
    Hi Ojaser6........ well done on the 100th post


    unfortunately transferring all the active accounts over to the sister forums would simply take far too long, its much quicker for the said individuals to create the accounts themselves.... there's also a bucket-load of personal info which would have to be transferred to the relevant sections.

    it would take forever
    Oh OK... Thanks for congratulating me anyway.

    Hmmmm... Interesting...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4
    Martee's Avatar

    Vista Die-Hard

    Join Date : Mar 2009
    Posts : 584
    Vista Ultimate x64 sp2, Solaris x64
    Local Time: 05:30 AM


     
    Windows 8 Forums ???? That's new. When? Where? Would you provide a link, please?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5



    Banned
    Join Date : Jul 2008
    Posts : 2,141
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP2
    Local Time: 11:30 PM


     
    Quote Originally Posted by Martee View Post
    Windows 8 Forums ???? That's new. When? Where? Would you provide a link, please?

    Hi Martee.
    You joketh?
    FYI
    Windows 8 Forums

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6
    Martee's Avatar

    Vista Die-Hard

    Join Date : Mar 2009
    Posts : 584
    Vista Ultimate x64 sp2, Solaris x64
    Local Time: 05:30 AM


     
    Many thanks JMH for the link. Really, didn't know about the new Windows 8 Forums.
    I'm going to register over there. Once again, thank you.

    Cheers...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7



    Banned
    Join Date : Jul 2008
    Posts : 2,141
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP2
    Local Time: 11:30 PM


     
    Quote Originally Posted by Martee View Post
    Many thanks JMH for the link. Really, didn't know about the new Windows 8 Forums.
    I'm going to register over there. Once again, thank you.

    Cheers...
    Sorry Martee. I should have alerted you earlier. I assumed that you would have been aware.
    Yes I've joined up too.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8
    Ex_Brit's Avatar

    Older But No Wiser


    Join Date : Aug 2007
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada 43.5° N 79.5° W
    Posts : 1,587
    Vista Ult SP2/Win 7 Ult SP1 x64/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC x64
    Local Time: 09:30 AM
    canada ca ontario

     
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martee View Post
    Windows 8 Forums ???? That's new. When? Where? Would you provide a link, please?

    Hi Martee.
    You joketh?
    FYI
    Windows 8 Forums
    That was news to me too. So I wandered over there and to my annoyance it told me that my user name was in use. Thinking that I had joined and forgotten I tried the lost password route....email address unknown. Well, the nerve I thought. Someone has dared to use my user name!!
    Anyway I joined minus the _ and haven't heard a thing back....is it down or slow or...?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9
    z3r010's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date : Oct 2005
    Standish, Lancashire, England
    Posts : 21,974
    Windows 8
    Local Time: 02:30 PM
    uk england

     
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martee View Post
    Windows 8 Forums ???? That's new. When? Where? Would you provide a link, please?

    Hi Martee.
    You joketh?
    FYI
    Windows 8 Forums
    That was news to me too. So I wandered over there and to my annoyance it told me that my user name was in use. Thinking that I had joined and forgotten I tried the lost password route....email address unknown. Well, the nerve I thought. Someone has dared to use my user name!!
    Anyway I joined minus the _ and haven't heard a thing back....is it down or slow or...?

    It's not that your user name was in use, but I have banned all none standard characters such as underscore from use in user names, this cuts down on people using email addresses as their user names and other strange characters messing my url rewrites up.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10
    Ex_Brit's Avatar

    Older But No Wiser


    Join Date : Aug 2007
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada 43.5° N 79.5° W
    Posts : 1,587
    Vista Ult SP2/Win 7 Ult SP1 x64/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC x64
    Local Time: 09:30 AM
    canada ca ontario

     
    Thanks...and I just received the email.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could Vista Forums accounts be copied to SevenForums and The Windows 8 Forum?
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CPU at 100% with Windows Vista, i've read the forums Vista performance & maintenance