after houres searching and trying I can't figure out this problem...
And I'm hoping someone of you can help me out
I'm stuck with the "Black screen of death".
I get the black screen with the white arrow that I can move, but I can't do anything else.
I've already tried the following:
- ctrl + alt + del to open task manager and open explorer.exe (no luck)
- ctrl + shift + esc (no luck either)
- Used my Vista cd to "repair my computer". (No boot problems found)
- Ran a checkdisk -r and -f from the repair console (nothing changed)
- Used the commando bootrec /FixMbr + /FixBoot + /BuildBcd (nothing)
- checked my RpcSs in the regedit.
- changed my Logs map to Logs_bad and created new Logs map (c:\Windows\System32\winevt)
- Tried to boot in safe mode (the same problem as standard boot)
- Put the HDD in an external case and checked on virusses (nothing there)
- Changed the permission to everyone (HDD in external case)
- Used GParted Live to see if the correct partition was flagged with "boot". (was so)
- Tried system recovery to a point back (it says there were no points, while I created a few a while back)
And that's about it...
I've found some other options to try, but all the others require that you can get task manager running.
Does anyone have an idea what I can try next ?
Beside reinstalling my complete system ?
Thanks in advance
And sorry about my bad English...