Here's the latest details....
- I performed a system restore to a get back to a state prior to installing Catalyst and all the other AMD driver
- Installed the HP chipset drivers
for the m9515y from HP site and rebooted per the prompt after installation
- Shut down system
- Installed the GT 430 card and connected the monitor via the HDMI connection
- Restarted the computer and I noticed that as soon as desktop appeared a device was automatically being installed: "High Definition Audio Device Installed Successfully"
- Immediately after this message BSoD appeared indicating Memory_Management
- System automatically restarted and BSoD happened again "System_Service_Exception"
That's where I'm currently at.
Patonb - You are indeed correct that the 9600 card runs just fine (other than the broken fan). I also thought I purchased a GT 430 lemon and actually returned the first one I had before posting in this forum. I was hoping for an easy fix like that but unfortunately not.