Last edited by TKD33; 02 Jun 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: More info added.
I'll just have to wait and see if somebody with DirectX experience reads this.
Firstly, I want to apologise for the confusion regarding the patch. We get a lot of people wanting help with cracked software on forums and I, wrongly, thought it was just another thread like that. I reported this issue to Rich and he dealt with it based on my message, so the blame lies with me.
But, moving on. It's late now, so I'll reply to your issue tomorrow. I just wanted to post quickly to apologise, and so that I won't forget this thread as it now comes up in the list of threads I posted in
TKD I am posting, now, to remind Tom about your problem. He will get a notification if anyone posts to this thread. You are in good hands.
Thanks Guys. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I did a little test and installed it on a windows 7 system and it worked fine. Funny- since the Tech support guys said It definitely wont work on a windows 7!
Have an awesome day!
Firstly, I would like you to reinstall your display drivers:
- Open the start menu
- In the search box, type Device Manager and open it
- Expand the Display Adapters category by clicking on the little + sign
- Right click on NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS and select Uninstall
- Reboot your computer after that finishes
Now install the latest drivers, which can be found here:
Drivers - GeForce
I would then like you to post your DxDiag results:
- Hold the key and press R to bring up the Run box
- In the box, type dxdiag and press enter
- When DxDiag launches, you will see a button at the bottom of the window titled Save All Information
- This should bring up a popup with a progress bar, this may take a few minutes
- Upon completion, it will prompt you to save a file. Save this file on your desktop
- Open this file and Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) all of the text into your next post
- Make sure you put [CODE][/CODE] tags around this log.
Thank you so much for your efforts and in going through all this.
While I understand that nothing is guaranteed in this world, Just a quick question (Sorry if it may seem like a real stupid question but I have never had to reinstall a display driver)
When I reboot after uninstalling my Nvidia, Are there any basic functionality issues that I will encounter upon restarting windows?
When I say Basic functionality, I mean
1- Can I still carry out basic windows operations such as those from Start-Control Panel etc etc
2- Can I open Chrome to refer to anything via google or this forums etc
3- If i do a system restore, will it work if god forbid everything goes haywire!!
I'll create a system restore right now just in case!
I just want to make sure Im covered.
Thanks again for your efforts
Last edited by TKD33; 03 Jun 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added another question
1. Windows can function without a graphics card, and will therefore work without the drivers It will probably revert to a lower resolution and might prevent you from using Aero until you reinstall the drivers, but nothing damaging, you'll still have complete control over your system.
2. Yes, same reason as above
3. Yes, a system restore will clear up any problems. Making a restore point is a good idea, just in case something goes wrong
You're most welcome! Let me know if you're still unsure about anything.
I already have the driver downloaded and the EXE ready to run.
I'll get on this first thing tomorrow and report back.