Yesterday evening, I noticed that my WMP didn't launch anymore. So I tried to fix this troubles. These are what I did according to a few infos on the net:
1. run a Command Prompt as Administrator with regsvr32 jscript.dll and I got this error “DllregisterServer failed with error code 0
To fix error at point 1, I run the following steps
1) download SubInAcl at Download details: SubInACL (SubInACL.exe)
2) Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools (you can paste this into your browser to go there) and create a notepad file called reset. Paste this into the file:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
3) save the file as reset.cmd Remember to change the file type to "all files" and not just "Text"
4) a reset command should show up, run it.
3. I run FixWin v1.2 and under Windows media, I run the first point at the top: "WMP doesn't start and an error message appears:"An internal application error has ocurred"."
After that, FixWin reboot automatically my laptop.
Vista restarted and I noticed that I had no more sound, Network tab with low memory (message appearing) when launching and UAC didn't work anymore. Clicking on enable or disable UAC, nothing happens.
I checked my Device Manager and all is the drivers
are working properly.
Fortunately, I have my Internet Connection alive trough my ethernet cable.
Screenshots : ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
I'm under Vista Business 32 bits with my Fujitsu Siemens AMilo Pro v3505 laptop, Memory 1024 Mb, Intel Core 2, 1.73 Ghz
Thanks in advance for your help !