I am new to the WCF and i was trying to do "Hello world" sample.
but i m getting error when i add the reference of my WCF service to another
Error is like that -
The document was understood, but it could not be processed.
- The WSDL document contains links that could not be resolved.
- There was an error downloading
- The request failed with HTTP status 504: Proxy Timeout ( The connection
timed out. ).
There seem to be a few common issues, that I keep running into that cause
Issue #0 - You forgot to run the setup script for the samples. These scripts
Issue #1 - ASP.Net 2.0.x isn't installed correctly. Fix this with
Issue #2 - the SVC file type isn't properly mapped. Fix this (in IIS5 /
- Pull up the IIS Admin tool
- right click on your web site, and go to properties
- Go to "Home Directory" tab and select "Configuration"
- In the Mappings tab that comes up, look for ".svc". It's probably not
- the Executable is,
- the verbs are: GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG
- I leave everything else as it's default.
- Restart IIS (probably not needed, to be honest).
Issue #3 - Permission
- the ASPNET account needs rights on your directory. Grant that account
rights to your stuff.
- I would never recommend adding the "administrator" group to the ASPNET
account (especially on a dev box!) but if you were to do this, there's a
good chance it'll work.
"Poonam" <Poonam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> I am new to the WCF and i was trying to do "Hello world" sample.
> but i m getting error when i add the reference of my WCF service to
> Error is like that -
> The document was understood, but it could not be processed.
> - The WSDL document contains links that could not be resolved.
> - There was an error downloading
> - The request failed with HTTP status 504: Proxy Timeout ( The connection
> timed out. ).
> Can anyone please help me to solve this error?
Windows Vista Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized,
sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.
"Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.