There seem to be a few common issues, that I keep running into that cause
Issue #0 - You forgot to run the setup script for the samples. These scripts
Issue #1 - ASP.Net 2.0.x isn't installed correctly. Fix this with
Issue #2 - the SVC file type isn't properly mapped. Fix this (in IIS5 /
- Pull up the IIS Admin tool
- right click on your web site, and go to properties
- Go to "Home Directory" tab and select "Configuration"
- In the Mappings tab that comes up, look for ".svc". It's probably not
- the Executable is,
- the verbs are: GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG
- I leave everything else as it's default.
- Restart IIS (probably not needed, to be honest).
Issue #3 - Permission
- the ASPNET account needs rights on your directory. Grant that account
rights to your stuff.
- I would never recommend adding the "administrator" group to the ASPNET
account (especially on a dev box!) but if you were to do this, there's a
good chance it'll work.
"Poonam" <Poonam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> I am new to the WCF and i was trying to do "Hello world" sample.
> but i m getting error when i add the reference of my WCF service to
> Error is like that -
> The document was understood, but it could not be processed.
> - The WSDL document contains links that could not be resolved.
> - There was an error downloading
> - The request failed with HTTP status 504: Proxy Timeout ( The connection
> timed out. ).
> Can anyone please help me to solve this error?