If that's the question, you can get an answer from our online help which you
can get there by either
1) Click FolderShare systray icon -> More -> Help
2) Go to FolderShare website -> Click "Help Central"
Under Troubleshoot -> "Computer disconnects from a library"
When you try to connect to or sync (The process of uploading and downloading
information between two or more computers so that the information on each
computer is identical.) with a library, you may receive an error message
that states that your computer has been disconnected from the library. To
troubleshoot this issue, try the following in the order that they appear:
.. Delete files from the library. FolderShare libraries may contain no more
than 10,000 files.
1. On your computer, open the folder that syncs with the library.
2. Select and delete files from the library until there are fewer than
10,000 files in the library.
3. In the notification area (The area on the taskbar to the right of the
taskbar buttons. The notification area displays the time and can also
contain shortcuts that provide quick access to programs such as Volume
Control and Power Options.) on the taskbar, click the FolderShare beta icon
, and then click "FolderShare website"
4. Click the library that you're trying to connect to.
5. Click Sync with a new computer.
6. In the list of available computers, click the computer that was
disconnected from the library.
7. Select a folder or create a new folder that you want to sync, and then
8. Choose the sync setting you want, and then click Finish.
"Edmund (OLT)" <EdmundOLT@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply. The question is really about resynchronising the
> Library after reducing the number of files in a library below 10,000.
> After a library exceeds (by mistake) 10,000 files, the devices are all
> unable to connect to FolderShare. Once the number of files has been
> below 10,000 on one of the devices (either by dividing into 2 Libraries or
> removing some files) how can we then get the other devices back into sync
> without having to start fresh again and copy all the data again?
> I have a number of customers using FolderShare and although they know
> the limit, they still make mistakes so we need a safe process for
> when their libraries overflow.
> "KyongHwan Kim [MSFT]" wrote:
>> Thank you for your post, Edmund
>> How many libraries do you have? if less than 10, then you could create
>> libraries and move files across the libraries.