Windows Vista Forums

Contacts have disappeared

  1. #1


    Christi Guest

    Contacts have disappeared

    Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Ron Sommer Guest

    Re: Contacts have disappeared

    Did you open Contacts, File, Import, ........
    --
    Ronald Sommer

    "Christi" <Christi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:C6EF6307-4C3C-465B-AB58-7DFBF882D679@xxxxxx

    > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of
    > my
    > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows
    > Vista.
    > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Christi Guest

    Re: Contacts have disappeared

    What do I import from? All my contacts were already in Windows Live Mail so
    I don't know which option to choose

    "Ron Sommer" wrote:

    > Did you open Contacts, File, Import, ........
    > --
    > Ronald Sommer
    >
    > "Christi" <Christi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:C6EF6307-4C3C-465B-AB58-7DFBF882D679@xxxxxx

    > > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of
    > > my
    > > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows
    > > Vista.
    > > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    mhillard01 Guest

    Re: Contacts have disappeared

    I too have this problem, I am trying to figure out a way to retrieve my
    contacts without rolling back to a previous image. I will repost if I find a
    solution.

    "Christi" wrote:

    > What do I import from? All my contacts were already in Windows Live Mail so
    > I don't know which option to choose
    >
    > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
    >

    > > Did you open Contacts, File, Import, ........
    > > --
    > > Ronald Sommer
    > >
    > > "Christi" <Christi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > > news:C6EF6307-4C3C-465B-AB58-7DFBF882D679@xxxxxx

    > > > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of
    > > > my
    > > > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows
    > > > Vista.
    > > > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?
    > >
    > >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Peejay Guest

    RE: Contacts have disappeared

    See my message earlier, and responses. Sounds like you may have the same
    problem.

    Peejay

    "Christi" wrote:

    > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Dawn Guest

    RE: Contacts have disappeared



    "Christi" wrote:

    > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?
    I have the same problem - Windows preformed an automatic update to Live mail
    & after the update all contacts have disappeared. the only way I get my
    contacts back is to do a system restore- but then the font on the live mail
    is large & I can not get it smaller. I hope someone has a fix- its driving me
    nuts.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Dawn Guest

    RE: Contacts have disappeared

    go to start - in the search bar type %userprofile%\contacts you should see
    your contact list there - then export them to a file on your desktop - open
    your live mail - & import them -- You have to set up your groups again but
    your contacts should come back.

    I found this tip on another post & it works!!

    "Christi" wrote:

    > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    IamSam Guest

    RE: Contacts have disappeared

    Thanks for your post, esp for writing it in a way it could be understood by a
    normal person

    "Dawn" wrote:

    > go to start - in the search bar type %userprofile%\contacts you should see
    > your contact list there - then export them to a file on your desktop - open
    > your live mail - & import them -- You have to set up your groups again but
    > your contacts should come back.
    >
    > I found this tip on another post & it works!!
    >
    > "Christi" wrote:
    >

    > > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    > > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    > > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Ron Sommer Guest

    Re: Contacts have disappeared

    Is one of the Import options 'Previous version of WLM' ?
    --
    Ronald Sommer

    "Christi" <Christi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:3FA0E812-98FD-44B5-BF65-16D83D8CBD3D@xxxxxx

    > What do I import from? All my contacts were already in Windows Live Mail
    > so
    > I don't know which option to choose
    >
    > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
    >

    >> Did you open Contacts, File, Import, ........
    >> --
    >> Ronald Sommer
    >>
    >> "Christi" <Christi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> news:C6EF6307-4C3C-465B-AB58-7DFBF882D679@xxxxxx

    >> > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all
    >> > of
    >> > my
    >> > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows
    >> > Vista.
    >> > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?
    >>
    >>

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Romagjack Guest

    RE: Contacts have disappeared

    Me too. I hope they come up with a fix quickly. Very frustrating.

    "Christi" wrote:

    > Can anyone help? This morning I logged into Windows Live Mail and all of my
    > Contacts are gone. I am running this from my laptop which has Windows Vista.
    > Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contacts have disappeared
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
All of my contacts have disappeared Live Messenger
Contacts disappeared Live Mail
Why have all my contacts disappeared? Live Mail
contacts have disappeared Vista mail
Contacts Toolbar Disappeared Vista General