Windows Vista Forums

Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B

  1. #1


    Hong Guest

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B

    Hi All,

    Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search google, but
    can't find answer.

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Ildhund Guest

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B

    "Hong" <Hong@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:9743BDAD-AB2A-4C30-9329-15C9D353140F@xxxxxx

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search
    > google, but can't find answer.
    >
    > /*******Error Message*********/
    > An unknown error has occurred.
    > Subject 'test'
    > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > Protocol: SMTP
    > Port: 25
    > Secure(SSL): Yes
    >
    > I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!
    See
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...87&ctx=sibling
    for the correct SMTP settings for Gmail.
    --
    Noel


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Roy Smith Guest

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B


    "Hong" <Hong@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:9743BDAD-AB2A-4C30-9329-15C9D353140F@xxxxxx

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search
    > google, but
    > can't find answer.
    >
    > /*******Error Message*********/
    > An unknown error has occurred.
    > Subject 'test'
    > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > Protocol: SMTP
    > Port: 25
    > Secure(SSL): Yes
    >
    > I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!
    Your problem is that you are specifying the smtp server is using ssl but
    you're using the port for a non-ssl smtp server. To correct this you
    need to go to Tools - Accounts and click on the GMail account then click
    on properties. Click on the Advanced tab change the 25 to either 465 or
    587 (both will work). Click ok till you're back in WLM. You should now
    be able to send email.


    --
    Roy Smith
    http://roysmith1959.spaces.live.com/


    --
    Roy Smith
    http://roysmith1959.spaces.live.com/


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Hong Guest

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B


    HI Ildhund and Roy,

    Thanks for your reply, but even I change port number as 465 or 587, error
    message still comes up.....

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    > > /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    "Ildhund" wrote:

    > "Hong" <Hong@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:9743BDAD-AB2A-4C30-9329-15C9D353140F@xxxxxx

    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search
    > > google, but can't find answer.
    > >
    > > /*******Error Message*********/
    > > An unknown error has occurred.
    > > Subject 'test'
    > > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > > Protocol: SMTP
    > > Port: 25
    > > Secure(SSL): Yes
    > >
    > > I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!
    >
    > See
    > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...87&ctx=sibling
    > for the correct SMTP settings for Gmail.
    > --
    > Noel
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Hong Guest

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B

    Hi all,

    I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)

    I am really appreciated if you can help.

    thanks in advance!

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Geoff Clark [MSFT] Guest

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B

    That error means gmail returned E_BUSY, did you see this while gmail was
    down?

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10170636-2.html


    "Hong" <Hong@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:9817F6E9-1854-4B48-B8BF-5FEB8AFD28F5@xxxxxx

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    > but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)
    >
    > I am really appreciated if you can help.
    >
    > thanks in advance!
    >
    > /*******Error Message*********/
    > An unknown error has occurred.
    > Subject 'test'
    > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > Protocol: SMTP
    > Port: 465
    > Secure(SSL): Yes
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Guillermo Ortiz Guest

    Error 0x800CCC0B

    All incoming e-mails appears in TWO PLACES, In the INCOMING AND THE OUTGOING. Shows Port 465



    Hon wrote:

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    24-Feb-09

    Hi all,

    I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)

    I am really appreciated if you can help.

    thanks in advance!

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    Previous Posts In This Thread:

    On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:30 PM
    Hon wrote:

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    Hi all,

    I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)

    I am really appreciated if you can help.

    thanks in advance!

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:47 PM
    Geoff Clark [MSFT] wrote:

    That error means gmail returned E_BUSY, did you see this while gmail was down?
    That error means gmail returned E_BUSY, did you see this while gmail was
    down?

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10170636-2.html


    Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    Creating a WPF Custom Control
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ustom-con.aspx

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    slk759 Guest

    Re: Error 0x800CCC0B

    Port 465 would not be both . . . . . Who is your email provider - the
    part after the @ symbol? And if you have any error messages, please copy
    and paste them in your post.


    "Guillermo Ortiz" wrote in message news:201031225250zepelin14@newsgroup

    > All incoming e-mails appears in TWO PLACES, In the INCOMING AND THE
    > OUTGOING. Shows Port 465
    >
    >
    >
    > Hon wrote:
    >
    > Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    > 24-Feb-09
    >
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    > but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)
    >
    > I am really appreciated if you can help.
    >
    > thanks in advance!
    >
    > /*******Error Message*********/
    > An unknown error has occurred.
    > Subject 'test'
    > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > Protocol: SMTP
    > Port: 465
    > Secure(SSL): Yes
    >
    > Previous Posts In This Thread:
    >
    > On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:30 PM
    > Hon wrote:
    >
    > Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I set up all accounts according to gmail configuration provided by google,
    > but error still come up..(either port 465 or 587 doesn't work for me.)
    >
    > I am really appreciated if you can help.
    >
    > thanks in advance!
    >
    > /*******Error Message*********/
    > An unknown error has occurred.
    > Subject 'test'
    > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    > Protocol: SMTP
    > Port: 465
    > Secure(SSL): Yes
    >
    > On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:47 PM
    > Geoff Clark [MSFT] wrote:
    >
    > That error means gmail returned E_BUSY, did you see this while gmail was
    > down?
    > That error means gmail returned E_BUSY, did you see this while gmail was
    > down?
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10170636-2.html
    >
    >
    > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    > Creating a WPF Custom Control
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ustom-con.aspx

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    adnam alsabah Guest

    error

    de widows live mail kan niet open ,het heeft een fout



    Hon wrote:

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    20-Feb-09

    Hi All,

    Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search google, but
    can't find answer.

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!

    Previous Posts In This Thread:

    On Friday, February 20, 2009 3:23 AM
    Hon wrote:

    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    Hi All,

    Mail can not be sent and keep pending in outbox, I try to search google, but
    can't find answer.

    /*******Error Message*********/
    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    I am really appreciated your help. Thanks!

    On Friday, February 20, 2009 4:21 AM
    Ildhund wrote:

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    See
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...87&ctx=sibling
    for the correct SMTP settings for Gmail.
    --
    Noel

    On Friday, February 20, 2009 9:53 PM
    Roy Smith wrote:

    Re: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
    "Hong" <Hong@newsgroup> wrote in message
    news:9743BDAD-AB2A-4C30-9329-15C9D353140F@newsgroup

    Your problem is that you are specifying the smtp server is using ssl but
    you're using the port for a non-ssl smtp server. To correct this you
    need to go to Tools - Accounts and click on the GMail account then click
    on properties. Click on the Advanced tab change the 25 to either 465 or
    587 (both will work). Click ok till you're back in WLM. You should now
    be able to send email.


    --
    Roy Smith
    http://roysmith1959.spaces.live.com/


    --
    Roy Smith
    http://roysmith1959.spaces.live.com/

    On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:58 PM
    Hon wrote:

    HI Ildhund and Roy,Thanks for your reply, but even I change port number as 465
    HI Ildhund and Roy,

    Thanks for your reply, but even I change port number as 465 or 587, error
    message still comes up.....

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    An unknown error has occurred.
    Subject 'test'
    Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes

    "Ildhund" wrote:


    Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ipeline-f.aspx

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Guest

    Re: error

    Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
    We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
    Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


    "adnam alsabah" wrote in message news:20104121628adnan_alsabah@newsgroup

    > de widows live mail kan niet open ,het heeft een fout

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Error 0X800CCC0B Live Mail
0x800CCC0B unknown error Vista mail
error 0x800CCC0B Vista mail
Recurring error message 0x800CCC0B Vista mail
windows live mail 2008 (Build 12.0.1606) error report error Software