Support for a free Hotmail account is only available through the internet(no phone, no chat, no email)
Support for a Hotmail Plus account($20/yr) is entitled to phone, chat, and email support
I.e. You cannot pay Msn for support, you need to already be doing that by subscription(either Hotmail Plus or an Msn Premium
account[dial up or DSL])
If your account is a partner account(e.g. you pay Verizon, Qwest or Sympatico Bell), you may have to contact them, not Msft, since
they are contractually bound to provide that support.
How to Contact Support for non partner accounts
Hotmail Support(free Hotmail accounts)
Hotmail Online Solutions Center
- requires creation of a username/pw that will also be linked to a Live ID
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public
- Do **Not** use the same password for the Solution Center Account that's used for your Live ID
Home Page http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
Solutions for Common Problems http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/
Hotmail Community Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
Hotmail Plus Support https://support.live.com/default.asp...key=wlmailplus
- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to:
Customer Service: Chat, Email and Phone Support
Technical Support: Email
- signon and select from the options menu
- click on 'Sign In', enter full username/password, select from the options menu
Windows Live ID Support https://account.live.com/helpcentral...=en-us&lc=1033
1. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
2. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
3. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load
Reset Password https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?
"Forgetten Password" <Forgetten Password@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> My wife changed her password the other day and now she can't remember the
> password. She has tried again and again until her account has locked. She
> tried her secret password and she can't remember that either. She also has
> no alternate e-mail address set up on her account to be sent to send her a
> reset password. Is there ANY way she can recover or reset her password?
> Even if we have to pay MSN support? thanks.