Something doesn't make sense...
If you installed Live Mail on the new machine it did not synchronize with Outlook on your desktop.
The only possible events that could have occurred.
1. You mean Outlook Express which during WLM installation and setup, WLM would attempt to migrate data from Outlook Express
2. A sync occurred with the Hotmail web interface for that Hotmail account when that Hotmail account Live ID was used to logon to
Windows Live in WLM.
If you have the Outlook Connector installed on Outlook 2003 or 2007 and that Hotmail account setup in the Outlook Connector it is
- the Outlook Connector needs to be the current version(12.0.6423.1000...oddly names version 12.1)
If you do not have the account configured in the Outlook Connector, but in the Outlook itself then it would be Pop3 or the WebDAV
- WebDAV was discontinued effective Sept 1
Finally, WLM, also, does not have an import option for Outlook. Nor does Outlook export to WLM.
For us to help..you need to inform us of the following:
1. Outlook version
2. Outlook Connector Version
3. Http account setup in the Outlook Connector or WebDAV setup in Outlook or Pop3 setup in Outlook
Once your Hotmail account is setup in the Outlook Connector in OL03 or OL07...any messages in the Outlook default folders(Inbox,
Sent, etc) can be copied in to the Hotmail account in the Outlook Connector folders for syncing to the Hotmail server. Once done,
the Hotmail account should be setup as an http account in WLM, then sychronized to pull the folders and messages down to the
account in WLM.
"help8400" <help8400@newsgroup> wrote in message news:ACC6F63A-815E-428E-BE5B-21EF520316E1@newsgroup
> Have full Outlook on my desktop with a hotmail account. I recently bought a
> new laptop, when I installed and ran Live Mail it sync and brought in most of
> the folders but not all that I had in Outlook. When I "right click" the
> hotmail account in Live Mail the "Download all Folders" is greyed out so I
> can't ask it to check the server again for new folders. I am running Vista
> Home 64bit on the laptop and XP Pro on the desktop. Any advice would be