Look at the Account in WLM at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Server. Is it set up as POP3 or HTTP?
POP3 only downloads the Inbox. With HTTP WLM mirrors the Hotmail web
If the account was imported from Outlook Express or Vista Windows Mail
it likely imported as POP3. If set up manually in WLM it should have
defaulted to HTTP.
If you want to switch from POP3 to HTTP do the following
- Create a Hotmail folder under Storage folders
- Copy the Hotmail messages from the Inbox under the Hotmail account to
the one in Storage Folders.
- At Tools, Accounts Remove the Hotmail account. This will delete all
the messages in WLM for the Hotmail account (that's way making the copy
to Storage Folders.
- At Tools, Accounts you can not Add the Hotmail account which should
not be HTTP.
- Synch to get the folders synched.
- If the Inbox folder is missing messages, you can copy them back from
the Storage folder copy made above.
Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
"tynednzr" <tynednzr@newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hi, i'm operating windows 7 on a new computer and set up my hotmail to
> sent to my windows live but i am not recieving my subfolders I have in
> hotmail....I used to have them on my other computer which operated
> xp. can any one explain on how I can transfer them over? Thanks