Thanks for your response. I will write more about my problem and my futile
attempts as solving it.
1) My web cam works fine with Skype.
2) Uninstalled and downloaded and installed WLM
3) Uninstalled and downloaded and installed the Logitech web cam software
for my Pro 9000 cam.
In fact, I did MANY uninstalls and installs of both.
4) I even did and uninstall with the Microsoft Install Clean Up Utility
5) Just yesterday I was able to connect to the remote user and the video
6) Both yesterday and today the audio works.
7) Today connected but remote video window did not appear, just was "Waiting
for Contact" Even my own video disappeared.
8) WLM finally says it does not respond.
So now total discouragement and frustration and disappointed in the
integrity OF the software and/or my system. I have a so-called good internet
security system......BUT....... ???????
"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> Greetings Richard,
> Well I can assure you it works fine with just SP3, so that isn't the direct specific problem
> at least.
> When you're reinstalling the Logitech software, I assume you are downloading it from Logitech
> (and not using the provided CD), a lot of times these problems are driver related which is
> why I'm asking.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> "Richard M." <RichardM@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> > It seems that the remote video window never vitalizes and Windows Live
> > Messenger does not respond. Have to force the program to end. My local
> > video works fine and even the remote viewer can see my video. I have used
> > both versions 8.1 and 8.5 of messenger. This seems to be a new problem with
> > either Windows XP SP3 or BitDefender Internet Security 2009. Both of which I
> > recently upgraded to. At the moment I am only using 1 GB of RAM. Also
> > using Logitech Quick Cam Pro. Have uninstalled both Windows Live Messenger
> > and Quick Cam software and reinstalled. Nothing seems to work.
> > I am at a loss. Help!!! Please!!!!