I appologize in advance if this isn't the best location for these comments.
The Moderator can re-post as appropriate. I've just started using Windows
Live and the LifeCam Vx-7000. A few coments:
1. I use Vista 64, but Windows Live defaults to IE 32-bit, which seems to
regularly lock up on my system. I'd like the ability to direct it to call IE
2. My brother uses a Logitec Webcam with really cool Avitars. While I like
the WLM/VX-7000 combo, I'd like the avitars as well. (Guessing that's a
3. After hiding the video windows, I haven't found a way to reveal them
again without ending the video call.
4. As the VX-7000 doesn't have a shutter, it would be nice to have the
ability in WLM to blank the video feed if desired (versus simply freeze).
5. The VX-7000 clearly has a strong ability to track facial features (very
cool), but doesn't track head movements when zoomed in. That is a feature on
logitech that is actually very good (as opposed to the avitars which are
simply entertainment). I don't know if that's a WLM or webcam feature (but I
guess I'm assuming webcam).
Overall a great experience, but I'd really like several of these other
issues addressed in future releases. While I recognize some of these are
webcam features, the MS webcams seem tightly linked to WLM Thanks!!