If you are like me you prefer to use the Wincal.exe calendar program that comes with Vista instead of the Outlook calendar. This may also work for the Windows 7 Calendar found under “C:\Program Files\Windows Calendar”.
The reason for these instructions is that icalshare.com doesn’t download the calendar file to your hard-drive but updates Outlook directly so here are the instructions on how to export a calendar file from Outlook and import it into Vista’s Wincal.exe.
Hope you find this helpful.
- Go to http://icalshare.com/
- Click on the link for the calendar you want to download.
- There will be a window asking you to allow an Outlook update.
- Click the ALLOW button.
- Outlook should start automatically and you should see the new calendar there.
- Create a folder on your desktop called “Calendar Files”.
- Click on the tab of the new calendar in Outlook. (Note: Outlook’s default calendar is simply called “Calendar”. The other calendar is the new one.)
- On the menu click FILE then SAVE AS…
- Save the .ics file to the desktop “Calendar Files” folder you created.
- Close Outlook.
- Open Wincal.exe
- On the menu click on FILE then on IMPORT…
- Go to the desktop “Calendar Files” folder you created.
- Click on the .ics file you saved from Outlook.
- Click the OPEN button on the lower right hand side of the window.
- The calendar will be added separately from your other Wincal.exe calendars.
Information Technology Specialist, Temple City, CA
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic v6.0, 32bit