MANY people have experienced problems saving their image files as JPEG in
Vista. The process is much different in Vista than it has been in past
To open an image file and save it in JPEG (JPG) format in Windows Vista,
1. Open Paint by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs,
clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
2. Click the File menu, and then click Open.
3. Choose the picture you want to change, and then click Open. (if the
image you want to modify does not display in the window, make sure you're
displaying "All Files" from the drop-down menu below)
4. Click the File menu, and then click Save As.
5. Click the Save as type list, and then click .JPG.
6. Click Save.
This information and more can be found at: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...033.mspx#EGCAC