--- Original-Nachricht ---
Absender: James Truher [MSFT]
Datum: 23.06.2006 19:22
> To be more specific about where the performance bottleneck is, how is the
> performance of:
> svnadmin dump $objItem.Fullname > $null
> That might help narrow in on the problem.
First: thanks to all.
Back to the problem:
i did some timechecks with my script:
svnadmin dump $objItem.Fullname > $null:
about 6 seconds for a really small repository
svnadmin dump $objItem.Fullname | out-file -Encoding ASCII $filename;
about 25 seconds for the same repository.
the outputfile has a size of 2.7 Mb, so it should be no harddrive
i also tried to create the file first and then dump into that file,
# create the file name first.
$fileName = ('i:\temp\dumps\' + $objItem.Name + '.dump');
# create an empty ASCII file & suppress output
"" | out-file -Encoding ASCII $filename | out-null
# now you dont have to specify encoding style.(but not sure if this will
speed up or not...
svnadmin dump $objItem.Fullname | out-file $filename;
but without setting the encoding parameter to ASCII the output in the
file became unicode again.
i have no idea how to speed things up!
Thanks for the help