Advisory: Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V - When Attempting To Enable,
Disable, or Update Hyper-V Technology, the Process Stops Responding
Before Completing the Configuration Steps When the Network Configuration
Utility Is Installed - c02076995 - HP Business Support Center: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ategory/alerts
After attempting to enable, disable, or update Hyper-V on a ProLiant
server running Windows Server 2008 and the Network Configuration Utility
is also installed on the server, the Hyper-V process stops responding
before the changes are completed:
* Enabling or Updating Hyper-V: The Hyper-V process stops responding
at "Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3." Only 54 percent of the
process is completed.
* Disabling Hyper-V: The Hyper-V process stops responding at
"Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3." Only 75 percent of the process
Any ProLiant server running Windows Server 2008 and attempting to
enable, disable, or update Hyper-V (all versions) with the Network
Configuration Utility (all versions) installed on the server.
To allow the Hyper-V configuration steps to complete processing, perform
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Insert the installation CD for Windows Server 2008, and then start
the computer from the CD.
3. Set the language preference, and then click "Next."
4. Click "Repair your computer."
5. Select the operating system to repair, and then click "Next."
*Note:* The installation process may request disk controllers at
this point. Click "Load Drivers," and then enter the location for
the disk controller drivers.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the operating
system to be repaired and then click Next.
7. In the "Choose a recovery tool screen," select Command Prompt.
8. At the command prompt, type C:, and then press Enter.
9. Type: cd Program Files\HP\NCU, and then press Enter.
10. Type: ren cpqteam.dll cpqteam.dll.safe, and then press Enter.
11. Type: /exit/ , and then press Enter. The System Recovery Options
screen is displayed.
12. Click "Restart."
13. When the server restarts, the configuration of Hyper-V
14. When the configuration process is completed, follow these steps:
a. Open the "C:\Program Files\HP\NCU" folder.
b. Rename the Cpqteam.dll.safe file to Cpqteam.dll.
15. Restart the computer.
This advisory will be updated in thre future, when more information is