Thanks for your post.
This issue occurs if the file association of the .exe file is incorrect and set to Word application somehow. To resolve this problem, reset the registry subkey for the file association
of the .exe file back to the default setting. To do this, follow these steps:
1. To open the Task Manager, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
2. Click File , press CTRL and click New Task (RunĄ*) at the same time. A command prompt opens.
3. At the command prompt, type notepad , and then press ENTER.
4. Paste the following text into Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
5. On the File menu, click Save as .
6. Select All Files in the Save as type list, and then type Exe.reg in the File name box.
7. Select Unicode in the Encoding list.
8. Return to the Command Prompt window, type REG IMPORT Exe.reg , and then press ENTER.
9. Click Yes , and then click OK in response to the registry prompts.
10. Log off from your account. Then, log back onto your account.
Note You may have to restart the computer to restore the program icons to their original appearance.
Note After the problem is resolved, delete the Exe.reg file so that it is not mistakenly added back to the registry at a later date.
For more information, please refer to KB950505:
When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505
BTW, please confirm you have applied the latest SBS 2008 Update Rollup 4 update(KB979454).
Hope this helps.
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support
Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website: https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/...i/default.aspx
Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website: https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/...i/default.aspx
If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...ewsgroups.aspx
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.