"Nick Jax" <nickjax01@newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hello All..
> We are using NTBackup on a small Windows 2003 Server.
> My question is this: when setting up the "backup description" and "if the
> media is overwritten" fields, is there a way to use a variable for the
> and time (just the date without the time would work fine too).
> Any help would be great!
You can turn any parameter into a variable by following these steps:
1. Use ntbackup's GUI to create a backup job that will execute some time in
2. Open the Task Scheduler, then the backup job you just created.
3. Copy the command line you see into your own batch file.
4. Modify the various parameters any way you like, e.g. by replacing them
with date/time variables.
5. Use the Task Scheduler to schedule your batch file instead of the
original backup job.