Please download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums
and save it to your desktop. Save any unsaved work
. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Right-click on the TCF.exe and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean
TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
Let's fix your Hosts file. Download the HostsXpert 4.3 - Hosts File Manager
- Unzip HostsXpert 4.3 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert
- Click HostsXpert.exe to Run HostsXpert 4.3 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
- Click "Make Hosts Writable?" in the upper right corner (If available).
- Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts file and then click OK.
- Click the X to exit the program.
- Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.
After doing all the above, download Microsoft Security Essentials (Uninstall the out dated AVG 8.5!! )
Update and run a full scan with MSE. http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/
Now, download SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version) SUPERAntiSpyware
Home Edition (free version)
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes
. ***Close all other browser windows before
- Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
- Click the Scanning Control tab.
- Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
- Scan for tracking cookie
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Please leave the others unchecked.
- Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
- On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software
click Scan your computer.
- On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click
To retrieve the removal information, please do the following:
- After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your
Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan
It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
- Highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please copy and paste that information here.