Audio-Bus


  1.    31 Jan 2009 #1
    Patrick D. Guest

    Audio-Bus


    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:

    Hi

    Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need for
    Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    undetected?

    Patrick


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    31 Jan 2009 #2
    Charlie Russel - MVP Guest

    Re: Audio-Bus


    Ignore it, IMHO.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel

    "Patrick D." <PatrickD@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:B7371CFF-99D3-45A5-8EDD-7E86F5581E09@xxxxxx

    > Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    > Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    > think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need
    > for
    > Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    > Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    > undetected?
    >
    > Patrick
    >
    >
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    16 Feb 2009 #3
    Satish Shah Guest

    Re: Audio-Bus


    On my Dell Inspiron, I see that High Definition Audio and Sigmatel HD Audio
    Codec (64 bit windows) is installed. Sigmatel shows yellow ! in device
    manager. Everytime I restart the Windows 2008 Ent Server, I have to restart
    the Windows Audio Service for audio to work. Now, I installed Hyper-V role
    and added Virtual Machines but I can't get audio working in VM. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

    Satish Shah

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > Ignore it, IMHO.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    >
    > "Patrick D." <PatrickD@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:B7371CFF-99D3-45A5-8EDD-7E86F5581E09@xxxxxx

    > > Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:
    > >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    > > Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    > > think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need
    > > for
    > > Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    > > Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    > > undetected?
    > >
    > > Patrick
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    16 Feb 2009 #4
    Robert Comer Guest

    Re: Audio-Bus


    Hyper-V doesn't support sound in the VM's.

    Best you can do is connect via remote desktop to the VM to get sound.

    --
    Bob Comer


    On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:03:02 -0800, Satish Shah <Satish
    Shah@xxxxxx> wrote:

    >On my Dell Inspiron, I see that High Definition Audio and Sigmatel HD Audio
    >Codec (64 bit windows) is installed. Sigmatel shows yellow ! in device
    >manager. Everytime I restart the Windows 2008 Ent Server, I have to restart
    >the Windows Audio Service for audio to work. Now, I installed Hyper-V role
    >and added Virtual Machines but I can't get audio working in VM. Any ideas?
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Satish Shah
    >
    >"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >

    >> Ignore it, IMHO.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    >>
    >> "Patrick D." <PatrickD@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> news:B7371CFF-99D3-45A5-8EDD-7E86F5581E09@xxxxxx

    >> > Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:
    >> >
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    >> > Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    >> > think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need
    >> > for
    >> > Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    >> > Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    >> > undetected?
    >> >
    >> > Patrick
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    16 Feb 2009 #5
    Satish Shah Guest

    Re: Audio-Bus


    I am running Communicator on my host and another Communicator on the VM and
    sound is critical. Any alternatives?

    "Robert Comer" wrote:

    > Hyper-V doesn't support sound in the VM's.
    >
    > Best you can do is connect via remote desktop to the VM to get sound.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Comer
    >
    >
    > On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:03:02 -0800, Satish Shah <Satish
    > Shah@xxxxxx> wrote:
    >

    > >On my Dell Inspiron, I see that High Definition Audio and Sigmatel HD Audio
    > >Codec (64 bit windows) is installed. Sigmatel shows yellow ! in device
    > >manager. Everytime I restart the Windows 2008 Ent Server, I have to restart
    > >the Windows Audio Service for audio to work. Now, I installed Hyper-V role
    > >and added Virtual Machines but I can't get audio working in VM. Any ideas?
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >Satish Shah
    > >
    > >"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    > >

    > >> Ignore it, IMHO.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Charlie.
    > >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    > >>
    > >> "Patrick D." <PatrickD@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > >> news:B7371CFF-99D3-45A5-8EDD-7E86F5581E09@xxxxxx
    > >> > Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:
    > >> >
    > >> > Hi
    > >> >
    > >> > Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    > >> > Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    > >> > think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need
    > >> > for
    > >> > Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    > >> > Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    > >> > undetected?
    > >> >
    > >> > Patrick
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >>
    >
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    16 Feb 2009 #6
    Robert Comer Guest

    Re: Audio-Bus


    Not that I know of.

    --
    Bob Comer


    On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:42:01 -0800, Satish Shah
    <SatishShah@xxxxxx> wrote:

    >I am running Communicator on my host and another Communicator on the VM and
    >sound is critical. Any alternatives?
    >
    >"Robert Comer" wrote:
    >

    >> Hyper-V doesn't support sound in the VM's.
    >>
    >> Best you can do is connect via remote desktop to the VM to get sound.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Comer
    >>
    >>
    >> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:03:02 -0800, Satish Shah <Satish
    >> Shah@xxxxxx> wrote:
    >>

    >> >On my Dell Inspiron, I see that High Definition Audio and Sigmatel HD Audio
    >> >Codec (64 bit windows) is installed. Sigmatel shows yellow ! in device
    >> >manager. Everytime I restart the Windows 2008 Ent Server, I have to restart
    >> >the Windows Audio Service for audio to work. Now, I installed Hyper-V role
    >> >and added Virtual Machines but I can't get audio working in VM. Any ideas?
    >> >Thanks.
    >> >
    >> >Satish Shah
    >> >
    >> >"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Ignore it, IMHO.
    >> >>
    >> >> --
    >> >> Charlie.
    >> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    >> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    >> >>
    >> >> "Patrick D." <PatrickD@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> >> news:B7371CFF-99D3-45A5-8EDD-7E86F5581E09@xxxxxx
    >> >> > Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64:
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Hi
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Since I have problems during installation of a driver for "Internal High
    >> >> > Definition Audio Bus" on a Core Edition, where I install Hyper-V later, I
    >> >> > think I can leave this "unknown device" uninstalled as there is no need
    >> >> > for
    >> >> > Audio on my hyper-V solution.
    >> >> > Or is there any risk to have problems later when leaving this device
    >> >> > undetected?
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Patrick
    >> >> >
    >> >> >
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >>
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Audio-Bus

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
HDMI audio doesn't work, no audio devices detected.
Alright here's my situation: I have a Core2Duo PC running Vista Home Premium 32 bit, hooked up to my TV using a HDMI cable. This has been working...
Sound & Audio
Audio Problem - 5.1 & 7.1 channel not working with Realtek HD audio & ATI HD4670
Can someone please help me try and figure out why my audio isnt working the way is should be? Playing a blu ray disc (Tron Legacy) using PowerDVD...
Sound & Audio
How to select only one audio source in dual audio avi/mkv file
Hello, I've some video files which have dual audio. Media player classic is playing only one of 2 audio source and i'm able to change it in media...
Software
How do I get audio file format in audio filter driver?
Before writing, I'm not skilled in English. So you may have difficulty understanding my questing. ^^ Currently, I'm making audio upper filter...
Vista music pictures video
Audio drivers for Intel Sigmatel onboard audio
I have a new Gateway with Sigmatel audio on an Intel board. I installed Vista and lost the sound, even though Vista claims there is a driver...
Vista hardware & devices
Realtek AC'97 audio driver provided by Microsoft. Audio error MCE
Realtek AC'97 audio on HP. the audio error message and distorted music randomly happen in Vista MCE. This Realtek AC'97 audio driver was downloaded...
Vista hardware & devices
Vista Beta 2 - Audio / Sound Drivers - Universal Audio Architectur
Installed Vista Beta 2 with no problems, it dual-boots alongside XP Media Center on my new HP Pavillion a1410n. All the hardware worked immediately...
Vista hardware & devices

Our Sites
  • Ten Forums
  • Eight Forums
  • Seven Forums
  • Help Me Bake
  • Site Links
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy and Cookies
  • About Us
    Windows Vista Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.
    .