I hope this is the correct NG - if not can you please direct me to a more
appropriate NG . . Thanks
For this test I was using Vista RC1 build 5728 and SBS 2003 SP1 (This issue
occurs for both Vista x86 and x64) - it also applied to the beta2 build of
I setup a Vista User to our SBS 2003 Domain using the connectcomputer
wizard. It all went well but . . .
The user's profile folder setup on the Server was "UserName.V2" instead
of the expected "UserName" .
Additionally a network lnk has been setup on the Vista User but this has
been set to \\ServerName\Users\UserName (without the .V2).
I tried changing this to \\ServerName\Users\UserName.V2 but it reset it.
The Username.V2 folder is the one used by Vista.
Is it intended that Vista User profile folders will have the .V2 suffix
and that the link will be changed to include the .V2 or is the .V2 a