Windows Vista Forums

Picture browsers will not display images.

  1. #1


    artistdave Guest

    Picture browsers will not display images.

    All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
    instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
    as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
    such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
    These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2
    Brink's Avatar

    Administrator


    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Texas, USA
    Posts : 31,284
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise (RTM)
    Local Time: 10:25 AM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

    Quote Originally Posted by artistdave View Post
    All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
    instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
    as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
    such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
    These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.
    Hi Dave,

    Check to see if this is turned on.

    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer

    Shawn

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3


    Ramesh, MS-MVP Guest

    Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

    Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options. Click the View tab, and then deselect the Always show icons, never thumbnails check box.

    --
    Regards,

    Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
    Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
    Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog


    "artistdave" <artistdave@xxxxxx> wrote in message news9CF1F99-AFB0-4446-800D-B64CC3314ACD@xxxxxx
    All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
    instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
    as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
    such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
    These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4



    Newbie
    Join Date : Mar 2008
    Posts : 1
    Vista Home Premium
    Local Time: 10:25 AM


     

    Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

    I was surfing to find the answer I needed to repair this very problem. The link provided is extremely helpful. A Notebook owner asked me to repair his laptop. So I gave a few suggestions to increase performance and I did those steps to help. I did not know what I did to stop the pictures from showing and this jogged my memory good. THANK YOU to BRINK for this post!

    Last edited by rlmarr; 21 Mar 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Checking the gold brick option
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5
    Brink's Avatar

    Administrator


    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Texas, USA
    Posts : 31,284
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise (RTM)
    Local Time: 10:25 AM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by artistdave View Post
    All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
    instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
    as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
    such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
    These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.
    Hi Dave,

    Check to see if this is turned on.

    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer

    Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmarr View Post
    I was surfing to find the answer I needed to repair this very problem. The link provided is extremely helpful. A Notebook owner asked me to repair his laptop. So I gave a few suggestions to increase performance and I did those steps to help. I did not know what I did to stop the pictures from showing and this jogged my memory good. THANK YOU to BRINK for this post!
    Your welcome Rlmarr. I'm glad to hear that you sorted your problem out.

    Shawn

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Picture browsers will not display images.
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Loading an array of images from an a file into a Picture Box in VB .NET General
Display WordPad Images Network & Sharing
Images Don't Display Right Browsers & Mail
Picture Images Vista music pictures video
Looking for an answer to why I cannot get any display images onto Vista General