Windows Vista Forums

Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

  1. #1



    Newbie
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Posts : 2
    Vista home premium 64bit
    Local Time: 05:18 PM

    Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Hi,

    I tried installing CoD4, but when I try to run the game, it tells me mss32.dll isn't a valid x64bit program, (or something near that)
    Is there a fix for that, or an update?

    Thanks in advance!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2



    Member
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Maryland
    Posts : 179
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Local Time: 06:18 PM
    usa us maryland

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Have you checked with the game manufacture?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jan 2008
    Posts : 5
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Local Time: 06:18 PM
    canada ca ontario

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Hey Geelined....I have EXACTLY the same problem.....I downloaded the mss32.dll and put it in the game folder, and in the system 32 folder, as some suggested. Now I get another error: "the procedure entry point _AIL_set_speaker_configuration@16 ......." and so on......when I search this in google....I get various foriegn languages and no help...if you have fixed yours...let me know....?! Thanks,

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4
    Ferret's Avatar

    Junior Member
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Posts : 29
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 05:18 PM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Make sure that your audio card drivers are up to date, there have been some strange issues with the game due to out of date audio drivers. Once you have the latest drivers for the audio and your video card you may want to re-install the game. Once it is installed update to the 1.4 game patch. Make sure your anti virus and firewall are off when playing online, they can interfere with multiplayer. Also go to evenbalance.com and update your punkbuster----punkbustersetup.exe

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5


    Frenchy Guest

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Ferret wrote:

    > Make sure that your audio card drivers are up to date, there have been
    > some strange issues with the game due to out of date audio drivers. Once
    > you have the latest drivers for the audio and your video card you may
    > want to re-install the game. Once it is installed update to the 1.4 game
    > patch. Make sure your anti virus and firewall are off when playing
    > online, they can interfere with multiplayer. Also go to evenbalance.com
    > and update your punkbuster----punkbustersetup.exe
    >
    >
    U shouldn't be disabling AV and Firewall, but putting all the Game exe's
    as well as the Punkbuster exe's into the Firewall as allowed. No
    problems turning them off to find out if that is a cause of a problem,
    but then go and make the program work with your security.

    Frenchy

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6
    Ferret's Avatar

    Junior Member
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Posts : 29
    Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Local Time: 05:18 PM
    usa us texas

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Good point Frenchy-thx

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7


    Frenchy Guest

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Ferret wrote:

    > Good point Frenchy-thx
    >
    >
    There is a small Free program called "Vista Firewall Control", works
    excellently with Vista and blocks everything until you allow it. Also
    the free Avast AV program, has caught many nasties for me and also works
    a treat under Vista. I have both these running and playing COD4 on line
    without a hitch.

    Frenchy

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jan 2008
    Posts : 5
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Local Time: 06:18 PM
    canada ca ontario

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Alright, I will give it a try.....I just installed World in Conflict, NHL 08 and Death to Spies....so I am nicely occupied; however, I really want to get COD4 online running....
    thanks for the replies all.
    I will let you know what goes down.....!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9


    Donald L McDaniel Guest

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:03:52 -0600, 0076intrepid
    <0076intrepid.32p0r3@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote:

    >
    >Hey Geelined....I have EXACTLY the same problem.....I downloaded the
    >mss32.dll and put it in the game folder, and in the system 32 folder, as
    >some suggested. Now I get another error: "the procedure entry point
    >_AIL_set_speaker_configuration@xxxxxx ......." and so on......when I search
    >this in google....I get various foriegn languages and no help...if you
    >have fixed yours...let me know....?! Thanks,

    Did you EVER think that the error generated is correct?
    Think about it: Under Vista x64, a "32bit dll" is OVIOUSLY "not a
    64bit Program." You must use a 64bit dll or executable if you want to
    "fix it".

    Donald L McDaniel

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jan 2008
    Posts : 5
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Local Time: 06:18 PM
    canada ca ontario

     

    Re: Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald L McDaniel View Post
    On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:03:52 -0600, 0076intrepid
    <0076intrepid.32p0r3@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote:
    >
    >Hey Geelined....I have EXACTLY the same problem.....I downloaded the
    >mss32.dll and put it in the game folder, and in the system 32 folder, as
    >some suggested. Now I get another error: "the procedure entry point
    >_AIL_set_speaker_configuration@xxxxxx ......." and so on......when I search
    >this in google....I get various foriegn languages and no help...if you
    >have fixed yours...let me know....?! Thanks,

    Did you EVER think that the error generated is correct?
    Think about it: Under Vista x64, a "32bit dll" is OVIOUSLY "not a
    64bit Program." You must use a 64bit dll or executable if you want to
    "fix it".

    Donald L McDaniel
    Well, I guess so, but it doesnt explain why it wont start...the game should be playable in both 32 and 64.....I install it on a 64 system....why would it call for 32 dll after the install? I wish I knew....Where can I get a 64 bit DLL?? Same place as one can get a 32 DLL I imagine?
    Thanks for the responses all.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Call of Duty 4 Gaming
Call of Duty 4 and 5 Gaming
Call of duty 2? Gaming
Call of Duty 2 MP Vista Games
call of duty Vista Games