Windows Vista Forums

Vista Installed games missing

  1. #1


    kingcole Guest

    Vista Installed games missing

    I have Vista premium installed on my PC and one day my Vista installed games
    i.e. frecell, spider, etc. are now missing from the games explorer and wont
    run from the start menu. i get two different errors depending on the game: it
    sais " ".exe has stopped working and it begins looking for a solution, the
    other sais " ".exe is not a working win32 app. I have tried turning off the
    games and then turning them back on via windows features but to no avail. as
    far as i kno the games are not available for download on windows site. is it
    possible to redownload it from the Vista install Cd? thats assuming if i can
    find it...

    thanks for the help in advance

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    kingcole Guest

    RE: Vista Installed games missing

    little addition: chess is the only game that still works

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    IceHockeyJason Guest

    RE: Vista Installed games missing

    Try doing a system restore to a time that worked for you.

    Click on the start pearl, and then type in "System Restore" in the start
    search area and press enter. Follow the directions on the screen to pick a
    time to where your programs were last working.

    "kingcole" wrote:

    > little addition: chess is the only game that still works


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    kingcole Guest

    RE: Vista Installed games missing

    will this delete my saved files such as game saves, documents, and installed
    programs too?

    "IceHockeyJason" wrote:

    > Try doing a system restore to a time that worked for you.
    >
    > Click on the start pearl, and then type in "System Restore" in the start
    > search area and press enter. Follow the directions on the screen to pick a
    > time to where your programs were last working.
    >
    > "kingcole" wrote:
    >
    > > little addition: chess is the only game that still works


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    IceHockeyJason Guest

    RE: Vista Installed games missing

    Lets say that today is the 21st and you want to restore to the 15th. Any
    programs installed in that time frame will need to be reinstalled again.
    Generally all the documents in your folder on your desktop stay safe. It
    notifies you on that during the operation.

    "kingcole" wrote:

    > will this delete my saved files such as game saves, documents, and installed
    > programs too?
    >
    > "IceHockeyJason" wrote:
    >
    > > Try doing a system restore to a time that worked for you.
    > >
    > > Click on the start pearl, and then type in "System Restore" in the start
    > > search area and press enter. Follow the directions on the screen to pick a
    > > time to where your programs were last working.
    > >
    > > "kingcole" wrote:
    > >
    > > > little addition: chess is the only game that still works


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Andy Guest

    Re: Vista Installed games missing

    "IceHockeyJason" <IceHockeyJason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:98E20BA0-466F-4A45-A89F-63877ED6E209@microsoft.com...
    > Lets say that today is the 21st and you want to restore to the 15th. Any
    > programs installed in that time frame will need to be reinstalled again.
    > Generally all the documents in your folder on your desktop stay safe. It
    > notifies you on that during the operation.
    >
    > "kingcole" wrote:
    >
    >> will this delete my saved files such as game saves, documents, and
    >> installed
    >> programs too?
    >>


    I love system restore now, never realized how well it worked until I started
    using it in an IT/troubleshooting capacity. It really only rolls back system
    files, any data you save remains unchanged no matter how far back you roll.
    When I think back of all the times I messed up my system with bad driver
    installs or old applications that completely borked Windows, if I had kept
    System Restore on I'd only be a couple minutes away from getting back up and
    running.

    Thank god HD prices are so low now a days, most people should have no excuse
    to not have System Restore running on their windows boxes.

    -A.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Vista Installed games missing

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Vista pre-installed games-turning them on
Hi, I have Vista Business and want to turn the games on, but when I go to "turn Windows features on or off" and click on "games" and "ok" but then...
Gaming
Playing Windows XP Installed Games On Vista
Ok i have a computer that runs on both windows xp and windows vista home premium.i can select which one i want to use when it boots up. I installed...
Gaming
Two new games Chess Titan and other one Missing from my Games Expl
Chess Titan Missing from my Games Explorer. I have see on my friends notebook it is present. Please tell from where I can download bothe the...
Vista Games
Games folder doesn't update with information about newly installed games.
I was under the impression Vista was supposed to automatically download game information from allgame.com and display the game's information when you...
Gaming
vista installed games wont work
Hi, None of my games that come with vista work. For example when I try to open or play a game like solitaire. One of the cards is highlighted...
Vista Games
Garbled graphics in Vista pre installed games
I'm just reproducing an issue that user Peachy brought forth some months ago in this NG. All games in Vista are displaying some corrupt textures,...
Vista Games
Vista installed games do not save and resume
I play simple games like Solitaire and Mahjong Titans. Nice games. But they don't save themselves between sessions. I have set the Options to do...
Vista Games