Windows Vista Forums

The windows vista file manager

  1. #1


    pistmaster Guest

    The windows vista file manager

    Hi,

    Is there any way to change the windows vista file manager to look a
    bit more like the XP version. I still want to retain the basic look
    of vista, but with a folder tree and a real path like "C:\program
    files..." in the address bar.

    Thanks

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    You can try the available options under Organize > Folder & Search Options >
    General (tab)

    As for the new breadcrumb menu address bar, try the following tip:
    http://www.windowsvistaweblog.com/20...ur-breadcrumb/
    --
    Andre
    Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
    My Vista Quickstart Guide:
    http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
    <pistmaster@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:be6b3bd6-bf2c-4c55-9401-f5ac0404fd51@xxxxxx

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to change the windows vista file manager to look a
    > bit more like the XP version. I still want to retain the basic look
    > of vista, but with a folder tree and a real path like "C:\program
    > files..." in the address bar.
    >
    > Thanks


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Donald Lessau Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    <pistmaster@xxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:be6b3bd6-bf2c-4c55-9401-f5ac0404fd51@xxxxxx

    >
    > Is there any way to change the windows vista file manager to look a
    > bit more like the XP version.
    Yep, replace it: http://www.xyplorer.com/ (30 day free trial, no-install)


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Mike Cawood, HND BIT Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    "Donald Lessau" <don@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:fi17bh$5m1$1@xxxxxx

    > <pistmaster@xxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:be6b3bd6-bf2c-4c55-9401-f5ac0404fd51@xxxxxx

    >>
    >> Is there any way to change the windows vista file manager to look a
    >> bit more like the XP version.
    >
    > Yep, replace it: http://www.xyplorer.com/ (30 day free trial, no-install)
    Installing some paid-for rubbish software is NOT the answer.
    Regards Mike.



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    bomb#20 Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    Mike Cawood, HND BIT wrote:

    > "Donald Lessau" <don@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:fi17bh$5m1$1@xxxxxx

    >> <pistmaster@xxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> news:be6b3bd6-bf2c-4c55-9401-f5ac0404fd51@xxxxxx

    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to change the windows vista file manager to look a
    >>> bit more like the XP version.
    >>
    >> Yep, replace it: http://www.xyplorer.com/ (30 day free trial,
    >> no-install)
    > Installing some paid-for rubbish software is NOT the answer.
    > Regards Mike.
    To make a statement that it is ' rubbish software ' implies that you
    have used this program and found it defective in some way.

    Please detail why you think it is rubbish.

    Have you written a file manager program that is superior ?
    Post a link here if you have.
    ..




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    pistmaster Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    Thanks, I'll try this when I get back home.

    On 21 Nov, 11:12, "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andre...@xxxxxx>
    wrote:

    > You can try the available options under Organize > Folder & Search Options >
    > General (tab)
    >
    > As for the new breadcrumb menu address bar, try the following tip:http://www.windowsvistaweblog.com/20...crumb-to-disab...
    > --
    > Andre
    > Blog:http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
    > My Vista Quickstart Guide:http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry<pistmas...@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Xenomorph Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    I'll call it rubbish too.

    Why is it rubbish?

    There are multiple free File Managers and Explorer clones.

    Explorer comes free with Windows. Why not recommend one of the other free
    file managers?

    http://www.freecommander.com/

    http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32/turbonavigator.html

    http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm


    "bomb#20" <darkstar@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:5LGdnScd-LRixdnanZ2dnUVZ8uGdnZ2d@xxxxxx

    >
    > To make a statement that it is ' rubbish software ' implies that you
    > have used this program and found it defective in some way.
    >
    > Please detail why you think it is rubbish.
    >
    > Have you written a file manager program that is superior ?
    > Post a link here if you have.
    > .
    >
    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    WaIIy Guest

    Re: The windows vista file manager

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:40:50 -0600, "Xenomorph" <spam@xxxxxx> wrote:

    >I'll call it rubbish too.
    >
    >Why is it rubbish?
    >
    >There are multiple free File Managers and Explorer clones.
    >
    >Explorer comes free with Windows. Why not recommend one of the other free
    >file managers?
    >
    >http://www.freecommander.com/
    >
    >http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32/turbonavigator.html
    >
    >http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm
    >
    >
    >"bomb#20" <darkstar@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >news:5LGdnScd-LRixdnanZ2dnUVZ8uGdnZ2d@xxxxxx
    >

    >>
    >> To make a statement that it is ' rubbish software ' implies that you
    >> have used this program and found it defective in some way.
    >>
    >> Please detail why you think it is rubbish.
    >>
    >> Have you written a file manager program that is superior ?
    >> Post a link here if you have.
    >> .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    That's like saying "Have you stopped beating you wife?"

    The guy was trying to be helpful.

    Oh, an maybe take a course in how to post on usenet.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    BillD Guest

    RE: The windows vista file manager



    "pistmaster@xxxxxx" wrote:

    > a real path like "C:\program
    > files..." in the address bar.
    click on the address bar and you'll have the real path, you can type a new
    path and select/copy a path.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


The windows vista file manager
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Explorer (File Manager) Folder Formatting Software
File manager for 64-bit Vista? Vista General
NT4 File Manager For Vista? Vista General
Customize the Vista File Manager Toolbar? Vista General
No Thumbnails in Vista Exploer (file manager) Vista file management