Windows Vista Forums

Wireless Internet Connection

  1. #1


    Gonzalo Guest

    Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My Vista PC
    says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get into
    the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page gives me
    this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one has a
    solution.
    Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    Thanks a lot

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Rick Rogers Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi,

    Did it work before?
    Does it (the router) work with other machines?
    Are you being assigned an IP (ipconfig /all)?
    Have you flushed the dns cache yet (ipconfig /flushdns)?
    Is it just IE or are other net-linked functions blocked?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

    "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:E9C5F75E-BEDB-485D-916D-4B4F55C9FC41@xxxxxx

    > Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My Vista
    > PC
    > says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get
    > into
    > the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page gives
    > me
    > this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    > I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one has
    > a
    > solution.
    > Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    > Thanks a lot

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Gonzalo Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi Rick,
    It's a new PC, the first day, explerer worked with a cell phone connection,
    never gone with the router. I can't get connected to anything, messenger,
    symantec, etc...
    I have 2 other PC with win XP that work without any problem.
    Sorry,but ihave no idea on how to flush the dns cache.
    Thanks

    "Rick Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Did it work before?
    > Does it (the router) work with other machines?
    > Are you being assigned an IP (ipconfig /all)?
    > Have you flushed the dns cache yet (ipconfig /flushdns)?
    > Is it just IE or are other net-linked functions blocked?
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    >
    > "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:E9C5F75E-BEDB-485D-916D-4B4F55C9FC41@xxxxxx

    > > Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My Vista
    > > PC
    > > says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get
    > > into
    > > the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page gives
    > > me
    > > this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    > > I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one has
    > > a
    > > solution.
    > > Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    > > Thanks a lot
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Rick Rogers Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi,

    Click start and type CMD, then right click the command entry in the program
    menu and select 'run as administrator'. This will open an elevated command
    prompt. From the prompt, run "ipconfig /all" and report back with the
    following lines:

    Node Type
    IPv4 address
    Default Gateway
    DHCP server

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

    "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:991E37E2-5EBE-4208-BAE2-2C0CF0FE578B@xxxxxx

    > Hi Rick,
    > It's a new PC, the first day, explerer worked with a cell phone
    > connection,
    > never gone with the router. I can't get connected to anything, messenger,
    > symantec, etc...
    > I have 2 other PC with win XP that work without any problem.
    > Sorry,but ihave no idea on how to flush the dns cache.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Did it work before?
    >> Does it (the router) work with other machines?
    >> Are you being assigned an IP (ipconfig /all)?
    >> Have you flushed the dns cache yet (ipconfig /flushdns)?
    >> Is it just IE or are other net-linked functions blocked?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,
    >>
    >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    >>
    >> "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> news:E9C5F75E-BEDB-485D-916D-4B4F55C9FC41@xxxxxx

    >> > Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My
    >> > Vista
    >> > PC
    >> > says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get
    >> > into
    >> > the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page
    >> > gives
    >> > me
    >> > this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    >> > I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one
    >> > has
    >> > a
    >> > solution.
    >> > Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    >> > Thanks a lot
    >>
    >>

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Gonzalo Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Thanks Rick, i found it.
    Everything looks normal to me.

    "Rick Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Click start and type CMD, then right click the command entry in the program
    > menu and select 'run as administrator'. This will open an elevated command
    > prompt. From the prompt, run "ipconfig /all" and report back with the
    > following lines:
    >
    > Node Type
    > IPv4 address
    > Default Gateway
    > DHCP server
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,
    >
    > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    >
    > "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:991E37E2-5EBE-4208-BAE2-2C0CF0FE578B@xxxxxx

    > > Hi Rick,
    > > It's a new PC, the first day, explerer worked with a cell phone
    > > connection,
    > > never gone with the router. I can't get connected to anything, messenger,
    > > symantec, etc...
    > > I have 2 other PC with win XP that work without any problem.
    > > Sorry,but ihave no idea on how to flush the dns cache.
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
    > >

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Did it work before?
    > >> Does it (the router) work with other machines?
    > >> Are you being assigned an IP (ipconfig /all)?
    > >> Have you flushed the dns cache yet (ipconfig /flushdns)?
    > >> Is it just IE or are other net-linked functions blocked?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Best of Luck,
    > >>
    > >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    > >>
    > >> "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > >> news:E9C5F75E-BEDB-485D-916D-4B4F55C9FC41@xxxxxx
    > >> > Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My
    > >> > Vista
    > >> > PC
    > >> > says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get
    > >> > into
    > >> > the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page
    > >> > gives
    > >> > me
    > >> > this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    > >> > I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one
    > >> > has
    > >> > a
    > >> > solution.
    > >> > Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    > >> > Thanks a lot
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Sydney
    Posts : 8
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 01:30
    australia au new south wales

     

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi

    I have a similar probled. Please could you let me know exactly what you did. This may halp me connect my vista pc to my D-Link router

    Thanks

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Gonzalo Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    I flushed it, but everything is the same.
    Thanks a lot Rick

    "Gonzalo" wrote:

    > Thanks Rick, i found it.
    > Everything looks normal to me.
    >
    > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Click start and type CMD, then right click the command entry in the program
    > > menu and select 'run as administrator'. This will open an elevated command
    > > prompt. From the prompt, run "ipconfig /all" and report back with the
    > > following lines:
    > >
    > > Node Type
    > > IPv4 address
    > > Default Gateway
    > > DHCP server
    > >
    > > --
    > > Best of Luck,
    > >
    > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    > >
    > > "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > > news:991E37E2-5EBE-4208-BAE2-2C0CF0FE578B@xxxxxx

    > > > Hi Rick,
    > > > It's a new PC, the first day, explerer worked with a cell phone
    > > > connection,
    > > > never gone with the router. I can't get connected to anything, messenger,
    > > > symantec, etc...
    > > > I have 2 other PC with win XP that work without any problem.
    > > > Sorry,but ihave no idea on how to flush the dns cache.
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >> Hi,
    > > >>
    > > >> Did it work before?
    > > >> Does it (the router) work with other machines?
    > > >> Are you being assigned an IP (ipconfig /all)?
    > > >> Have you flushed the dns cache yet (ipconfig /flushdns)?
    > > >> Is it just IE or are other net-linked functions blocked?
    > > >>
    > > >> --
    > > >> Best of Luck,
    > > >>
    > > >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    > > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > > >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
    > > >>
    > > >> "Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > > >> news:E9C5F75E-BEDB-485D-916D-4B4F55C9FC41@xxxxxx
    > > >> > Hi there, i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. My
    > > >> > Vista
    > > >> > PC
    > > >> > says that i'm connected to the router and the internet, but I can't get
    > > >> > into
    > > >> > the web. I reseted the router but nothing chaned. The explorer page
    > > >> > gives
    > > >> > me
    > > >> > this error: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm.
    > > >> > I googled that error and i found a lot of forums about it, but no one
    > > >> > has
    > > >> > a
    > > >> > solution.
    > > >> > Has anybody had the same problem? And maybe the way to repair it!?
    > > >> > Thanks a lot
    > > >>
    > > >>
    > >
    > >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Gonzalo Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Hi, i followed the instructions that Rick gave me, you con read them in this
    topic. I still can't get to use internet. Try reseting the router, sometimes
    it works.

    "Scaddows" wrote:

    >
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a similar probled. Please could you let me know exactly what you
    > did. This may halp me connect my vista pc to my D-Link router
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    > --
    > Scaddows
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Sydney
    Posts : 8
    Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Local Time: 01:30
    australia au new south wales

     

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Thanks Gonzalo

    http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...tml#post556362

    http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...s-trouble.html


    Keep an eye on these two and we may get an answer. I have also emails DLink, but do not expect much help back.

    Thanks

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Gonzalo Guest

    Re: Wireless Internet Connection

    Thanks for the links Scaddows. I'll let you know as soon as i try.

    "Scaddows" wrote:

    >
    > Thanks Gonzalo
    >
    > http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...tml#post556362
    >
    > http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...s-trouble.html
    >
    >
    > Keep an eye on these two and we may get an answer. I have also emails
    > DLink, but do not expect much help back.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    > --
    > Scaddows
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wireless Internet Connection

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Internet connection when box uses wireless USB?
My Windows 7 box uses a GW-USMicroN USB stick to connect to my router and give me happy internet connection. When I try to make a virtual PC...
Virtual PC
wireless internet connection
I have a desk top I bought from Dell less than two years ago. I installed a wireless connection to the desk top about four months ago. It works fine...
Network & Sharing
Vista wireless internet connection
I have Toshiba laptop <1yr old running Vista. Wireless internet via hardware provided by comcast has functioned fine until 2 days ago when it...
Vista networking & sharing
Internet wireless connection
I use a wi-fi connection at home. I use 2 notebooks with XP, and the work without any problem...i surf on the internet, download, use...
Vista General
wireless internet connection
bill c typed: May be the following will help: go into the internet options, choose connections, and enable the first choice saying "no dial...
Vista General
Wireless Internet Connection
I just bought a new Gateway laptop with the Vista Edition of Windows. I have an Excellent connection to the internet when I sign on the computer. It...
Vista networking & sharing
Wireless internet connection.
This is really dumb but hey... I bought a laptop with Vista on it today. In our house we have a wireless network set up and protected with a...
Vista General