Windows Vista Forums

Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

  1. #1


    microsvc Guest

    Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
    Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d

    What could be causing this?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Mark L. Ferguson Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
    responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

    --
    Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    interface.
    http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost

    Mark L. Ferguson

    ..
    "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

    > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
    > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
    >
    > What could be causing this?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    microsvc Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
    > responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
    >
    > --
    > Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    > interface.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    >
    > .
    > "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

    > > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
    > > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
    > >
    > > What could be causing this?
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Mark L. Ferguson Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301

    Start it and look for:
    Windows Defender Signatures and click remove.
    Then try to update.

    --
    Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    interface.
    http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost

    Mark L. Ferguson

    ..
    "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:CA14BE65-2149-4EC8-BC4D-4F392E389020@xxxxxx

    > Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >

    >> Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
    >> responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
    >>
    >> --
    >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
    >> web
    >> interface.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >>
    >> .
    >> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

    >> > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
    >> > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
    >> >
    >> > What could be causing this?
    >>

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Sharon Fink Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
    shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:

    > Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
    > Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
    > notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
    While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
    let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...newsgroups/def
    ault.mspx>

    People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
    problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
    your problem.
    --
    Sharon F
    Desktop Experience

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    microsvc Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    For the past 8-hours, this has been the result of attempting to go into the
    newsgroup:

    Service Temporarily Unavailable
    We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.



    "Sharon Fink" wrote:

    > In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
    > shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:
    >

    > > Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
    > > Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
    > > notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
    >
    > While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
    > let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...newsgroups/def
    > ault.mspx>
    >
    > People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
    > problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
    > your problem.
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > Desktop Experience
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    microsvc Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    Mark, I installed the cleanup, and windows defender signatures is not in the
    list.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > 290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
    >
    > Start it and look for:
    > Windows Defender Signatures and click remove.
    > Then try to update.
    >
    > --
    > Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    > interface.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    >
    > .
    > "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:CA14BE65-2149-4EC8-BC4D-4F392E389020@xxxxxx

    > > Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.
    > >
    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >

    > >> Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
    > >> responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
    > >> web
    > >> interface.
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
    > >>
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson
    > >>
    > >> .
    > >> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > >> news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx
    > >> > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
    > >> > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
    > >> >
    > >> > What could be causing this?
    > >>
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    microsvc Guest

    Re: Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

    Sharon, I have been checking that defender page and for the past 2 weeks, it
    tells me that the questions forum is unavailable.

    "Sharon Fink" wrote:

    > In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
    > shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:
    >

    > > Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
    > > Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
    > > notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
    >
    > While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
    > let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...newsgroups/def
    > ault.mspx>
    >
    > People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
    > problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
    > your problem.
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > Desktop Experience
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Defender Error
When I try to scan my Vista Home Premium system with Windows Defender, the scan runs normally for about a minute and then terminates with this error...
Vista General
Windows Defender Error and Admin Error
Not even a week ago I ran into an issue where I wasn't able to run a .exe program it tells me it can't access the files. Then when I tried to log...
Vista security
Windows Defender Pro error.
I have windows Vista Premium and everytime I open or try to use Windows Defender, I get an error message, application failed to intialize, handle is...
Vista General
Defender Error 0x8050800d
Everytime Defender runs, I get the following error: "Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d Some history items could not be displayed....
Vista General
Error in Windows Vista Defender cant change anything in Defender!
Everytime i try to download something it gets delited by Defender, and when i try to change settings in defender it says. A error happend in...
Vista security
error for windows defender
whenever i try and update it says error code 0x80240029
Vista security
Windows Defender error
Hi when I try to enter the software explorer in Windows Defender I get this error Software Explorers error 0X80073AFC the resource loader failed to...
Vista security