Sidebar Gadget


  1.    06 Mar 2009 #1
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Sidebar Gadget


    I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?

    Mike D.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    06 Mar 2009 #2
    Gordon Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx

    >I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    > loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >
    > Mike D.

    Find the file and double-click on it.....

    --
    Asking a question?
    Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
    your OS, Service Pack level
    and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    06 Mar 2009 #3
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:31:14 -0000, Gordon wrote:

    > "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    > news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx

    >>I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    >> loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >>
    >> Mike D.
    >
    >
    > Find the file and double-click on it.....
    It doesn't recognize it. Windows opens up a window asking to search the
    internet for a program that runs it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    07 Mar 2009 #4
    Gordon Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    Michael Dobony wrote:

    > On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:31:14 -0000, Gordon wrote:
    >

    >> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >> news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx

    >>> I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    >>> loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >>>
    >>> Mike D.
    >>
    >> Find the file and double-click on it.....
    >
    > It doesn't recognize it. Windows opens up a window asking to search the
    > internet for a program that runs it.
    Interesting - works for me here....are you sure the download is not
    corrupted in any way?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    07 Mar 2009 #5
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 08:34:20 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > Michael Dobony wrote:

    >> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:31:14 -0000, Gordon wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >>> news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx
    >>>> I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    >>>> loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >>>>
    >>>> Mike D.
    >>>
    >>> Find the file and double-click on it.....
    >>
    >> It doesn't recognize it. Windows opens up a window asking to search the
    >> internet for a program that runs it.
    >
    > Interesting - works for me here....are you sure the download is not
    > corrupted in any way?
    It does it to multiple downloads from different sources.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    08 Mar 2009 #6
    Dave-UK Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget




    "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:7cj8dw9x0g62$.158eo79coim3f$.dlg@xxxxxx

    > On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 08:34:20 +0000, Gordon wrote:
    >

    >> Michael Dobony wrote:

    >>> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:31:14 -0000, Gordon wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >>>> news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx
    >>>>> I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    >>>>> loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Mike D.
    >>>>
    >>>> Find the file and double-click on it.....
    >>>
    >>> It doesn't recognize it. Windows opens up a window asking to search the
    >>> internet for a program that runs it.
    >>
    >> Interesting - works for me here....are you sure the download is not
    >> corrupted in any way?
    >
    > It does it to multiple downloads from different sources.

    The gadget you downloaded should have a name of ' wunderground.gadget '
    The ' .gadget ' extension is important.
    With the correct extension it should have an icon of a clock, calculator and yellow note symbol.
    What is your download called and what does the icon look like ?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    09 Mar 2009 #7
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:18:33 -0000, Dave-UK wrote:

    > "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:7cj8dw9x0g62$.158eo79coim3f$.dlg@xxxxxx

    >> On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 08:34:20 +0000, Gordon wrote:
    >>

    >>> Michael Dobony wrote:
    >>>> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:31:14 -0000, Gordon wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:17p4kntpj13um.vye03spdfjxs.dlg@xxxxxx
    >>>>>> I downloaded the wunderground sidebar gadget, but it is not available for
    >>>>>> loading up. Where do I need to put it for Vista to recognize it?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Mike D.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Find the file and double-click on it.....
    >>>>
    >>>> It doesn't recognize it. Windows opens up a window asking to search the
    >>>> internet for a program that runs it.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting - works for me here....are you sure the download is not
    >>> corrupted in any way?
    >>
    >> It does it to multiple downloads from different sources.
    >
    >
    > The gadget you downloaded should have a name of ' wunderground.gadget '
    > The ' .gadget ' extension is important.
    > With the correct extension it should have an icon of a clock, calculator and yellow note symbol.
    > What is your download called and what does the icon look like ?
    >
    It is called wunderground.gadget and the icon is a blank page with the top
    left corner turned toward me. The other gadgets are
    AuctionSidebarTool.gadget, same icon, WundergroundVistaWidget.gadget, same
    icon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    11 Mar 2009 #8
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:57:26 -0000, Dave-UK wrote:

    > "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:12ge6x7mthcfr$.3p0i2omzacn2.dlg@xxxxxx
    >

    >> It is called wunderground.gadget and the icon is a blank page with the top
    >> left corner turned toward me. The other gadgets are
    >> AuctionSidebarTool.gadget, same icon, WundergroundVistaWidget.gadget, same
    >> icon.
    >
    > Double-click on the gadget.
    > Select ' Select a program from a list of programs '.
    > Select ' Always use the selected program to open this kind of file '.
    > Click on ' Browse '.
    > In the left pane browse to Program Files\Windows Sidebar.
    > In the right pane select sidebar.exe
    > Click on 'Open'.
    > Sidebar.exe should appear in the display box.
    > OK.
    >
    > The plain icon should now change to a gadget icon and double-clicking it should
    > bring up the install dialog box.
    >
    Okay, that opens it, but all i get is a background and no info. The icons
    are not loading on either the Sidebar or the Gadget.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    11 Mar 2009 #9
    Dave-UK Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget




    "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:1rk6koyu15cip$.11fmcyzzij9sy$.dlg@xxxxxx

    > On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:57:26 -0000, Dave-UK wrote:
    >

    >> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:12ge6x7mthcfr$.3p0i2omzacn2.dlg@xxxxxx
    >>

    >>> It is called wunderground.gadget and the icon is a blank page with the top
    >>> left corner turned toward me. The other gadgets are
    >>> AuctionSidebarTool.gadget, same icon, WundergroundVistaWidget.gadget, same
    >>> icon.
    >>
    >> Double-click on the gadget.
    >> Select ' Select a program from a list of programs '.
    >> Select ' Always use the selected program to open this kind of file '.
    >> Click on ' Browse '.
    >> In the left pane browse to Program Files\Windows Sidebar.
    >> In the right pane select sidebar.exe
    >> Click on 'Open'.
    >> Sidebar.exe should appear in the display box.
    >> OK.
    >>
    >> The plain icon should now change to a gadget icon and double-clicking it should
    >> bring up the install dialog box.
    >>
    >
    > Okay, that opens it, but all i get is a background and no info. The icons
    > are not loading on either the Sidebar or the Gadget.
    Do Microsoft gadgets work ?
    Do you have other gadgets working ?
    Have you ever had any gadgets working ?




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    11 Mar 2009 #10
    Michael Dobony Guest

    Re: Sidebar Gadget


    On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:19:51 -0000, Dave-UK wrote:

    > "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:1rk6koyu15cip$.11fmcyzzij9sy$.dlg@xxxxxx

    >> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:57:26 -0000, Dave-UK wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Michael Dobony" <survey@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:12ge6x7mthcfr$.3p0i2omzacn2.dlg@xxxxxx
    >>>
    >>>> It is called wunderground.gadget and the icon is a blank page with the top
    >>>> left corner turned toward me. The other gadgets are
    >>>> AuctionSidebarTool.gadget, same icon, WundergroundVistaWidget.gadget, same
    >>>> icon.
    >>>
    >>> Double-click on the gadget.
    >>> Select ' Select a program from a list of programs '.
    >>> Select ' Always use the selected program to open this kind of file '.
    >>> Click on ' Browse '.
    >>> In the left pane browse to Program Files\Windows Sidebar.
    >>> In the right pane select sidebar.exe
    >>> Click on 'Open'.
    >>> Sidebar.exe should appear in the display box.
    >>> OK.
    >>>
    >>> The plain icon should now change to a gadget icon and double-clicking it should
    >>> bring up the install dialog box.
    >>>
    >>
    >> Okay, that opens it, but all i get is a background and no info. The icons
    >> are not loading on either the Sidebar or the Gadget.
    >
    > Do Microsoft gadgets work ?
    > Do you have other gadgets working ?
    > Have you ever had any gadgets working ?
    >
    no gadgets are working at this time. They were working a while ago, but I
    shut down the sidebar a few months ago.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sidebar Gadget

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Sidebar Gadget
Hi people. Easy question: What is the name of this SIDEBAR GADGET?? I have a folder with about 450 different gadgets, and I loaded this on up, but I...
Software
sidebar gadget
I have the stock market gadget on the sidebar, but it only updated when I started the computer or reboot. How do I make it keep updating itself at...
General Discussion
Add sidebar gadget - nothing happens
Hi all When I click on the + on Windows Sidebar to add gadgets (or right-click and select "add gadgets...") then northing happens. I donno...
Vista General
Looking for a sidebar Gadget that does this....
I run vista ultimate64 on my laptop and just love it. Sidebar gadgets monitor a few things, network cpu useage, mem useage....what I am looking for...
General Discussion
Gadget Sidebar
My Gadget sidebar suddenly turned an opaque Grey and I can't seem to find an option to turn the transparency on again. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Vista General
Sidebar gadget
How do I remove a particular stock from the "Stock" gadget? -- Charles H. Hayden
Vista General
Sidebar Gadget
I older builds (ie January 2006) time frame, there was a Sidebar gadget that allowed you to drag applications icons onto it. It would organize them...
Vista General

Our Sites
  • Ten Forums
  • Eight Forums
  • Seven Forums
  • Help Me Bake
  • Site Links
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy and Cookies
  • About Us
    Windows Vista Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15.
    .