I am currently using IE 8 and FF 3.0.10. I have a Vista Home Premium OS. My
Flash is working fine except for video on a couple of sites. This happens
the same with either browser. The problem I am having is the video is frozen
or not showing at all. When I try to pull up the Flash setting menu, it too
freezes. The odd part is the Flash banners on the sites will run fine right
next to the video box. The two sites with issues are ESPN.COM and IGN.COM.
On ESPN, a larger video will not play, it will show a frozen still and have a
white arrow with a white circle around it. Yet, the audio will play. On
the smaller video boxes, just a black box. On IGN, the video will not show
at all, just a black box as with ESPN. Again, on both sites Flash banners
and ads will play fine.
Here is what I have tried, mostly due to recommendations, with no luck:
1. I went to the Adobe test Flash video, and it says Flash is installed
2. IE 8 and Firefox have both been updated.
3. Vista is updated.
4. I ran a Windows Repair, no problems detected.
5. I have uninstalled Flash with Adobe's program, reinstalled it, no luck.
6. I tried the install hidden within the Flash file menu.
7. I downloaded the codec fix.
8. I read that some issues could be graphics driver related, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled them.
9. I have saved all installers to the desktop and loaded them from there.
Finally, I was instructed to create a System Administrator account. Now all
flash content loads and works perfect through IE and Firefox, but only in the
Administrator account. Is there a way to find out just what is different in
that account, and how to migrate it over to the User Account without having
to transfer all my files and information over to the administration. Also,
does anyone have a better solution that might simply fix the Flash in the
User Account? Thanks.