1) System restore to a point if you have it, before the printer had problems
is reasonable to try as is unplugging both the plug and the USB cable and
then plugging them in.
2) See if you can print a page by just pressing whatever is the print button
on that printer to test if the printer works on its own without having to
send a message to print from the software to the printer.
3) Examine the trays and make sure there is nothing jammed.
4) See if your printer driver shows in device manager by typing devmgmt.msc
in the run box>enter>and click on View>"show hidden" devices on the toolbar.
5) You could have a driver corrupted and if 1-4 don't pan out, unplug the
printer from your pc and plug it back in. Restart to get the hdw recognized
by Visa, and then either run the Add Hardware Wizard, or in device manager
go to the Printer entry if its there>expand it>right click it>left click
properties>update driver and either let MSFT install the driver or if that
doesn't work, browse to the location of the HP driver folder which is
probably going to be C:\Program Files\Hewlet Packard or sub for C:\
whichever drive you have Vista installed on. That means when Vista asks the
file path you put in C:\Program Files Hewlet Packard after you click the
"showgirl643" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
>i have had windows vista for about a month , everything was working well
> until my all in one printer hp 2610/3200 photosmart stops working. it
> until 10:30 am. it seems that something is blocking it. and i need
> according to them Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider from
> microsoft i get error messages when trying to print. it will print for me
> scanning wise i don't know. but hp better get on the ball. does anyone
> any solutions that might help me?