1) I am unable to copy files across my network to my VistaPC. When I copy
and paste, nothing happens, no error is logged, but nothing is copied. This
process works fine on non-Vista computers.
2) If I try to map a drive to the computer I want to copy from, I am told a
drive is already mapped with a different account. If I follow the
instructions for disconnecting the mysterious drive by going to "Computer"; I
am supposed to select the Tools menu but there is no Tools menu.
3) When I go to the Microsoft site to try and email support the MS site does
not accept my product key. I just chatted with DELL and they confirmed that
my product key is correct. Why does MS not recognize it?
4) In IE7 I have 3 tabs configured to open at startup. The third tab is my
google home page http://www.google.com/ig
. Although I can see the page, it
never seems to complete loading so I cannot use it. Worse, I must use Task
Manager (repeatedly) before I can get IE closed.
5) Most of the time, if I am browsing the folder contents of my WindowsXP
SP2 laptop from my Vista laptop, the computer will lock up. It locks up so
hard that I have to power the computer off. I have not had to do that to an
XP pc in years.
6) Sometimes, when I try to delete a file/folder I am prompted twice to
confirm that I want to delete it. Why should I be prompted twice?
I think I have more problems that I encountered but it is getting hard to
keep track of all of them. Maybe once I have used it for more than a day it
will get better.
I will share more issues if I discover them if I ever really get started
using Vista. So far, I am struggling just to get it set up and my files
copied to it.