Windows Vista Forums

Windows Defender, Vista Error Code 0x80240029

  1. #1


    Moodman Guest

    Windows Defender, Vista Error Code 0x80240029

    I tried the command prompt "Run command prompt as administrator
    At the command prompt type: SFC /SCANNOW"
    I got error code CBS.Log Windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
    What should I do now??????
    I tried everything else and nothing is working.
    Thanks....

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    alberto Guest

    windows defender

    no me actualiza el windows defender me sale 0x80240029 error y no se como arrglarlo.GRACIAS

    EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Moodman Guest

    RE: windows defender

    I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!

    "alberto" wrote:

    > no me actualiza el windows defender me sale 0x80240029 error y no se como arrglarlo.GRACIAS
    >
    > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Brian W Guest

    Re: windows defender

    I've had this error as well, looks like it's affecting more people.

    "Moodman" <Moodman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:78951825-66AF-476C-8D5F-690D8CACCD77@microsoft.com...
    >I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!
    >
    > "alberto" wrote:
    >
    >> no me actualiza el windows defender me sale 0x80240029 error y no se como
    >> arrglarlo.GRACIAS
    >>
    >> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    >> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    >>



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    fireplug1 Guest

    Re: windows defender

    Fireplpug1 here and no ablo espanol but follow this link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/934562/en-us
    It fixes problem..ok?

    "Brian W" wrote:

    > I've had this error as well, looks like it's affecting more people.
    >
    > "Moodman" <Moodman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:78951825-66AF-476C-8D5F-690D8CACCD77@microsoft.com...
    > >I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!
    > >
    > > "alberto" wrote:
    > >
    > >> no me actualiza el windows defender me sale 0x80240029 error y no se como
    > >> arrglarlo.GRACIAS
    > >>
    > >> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > >> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    > >>

    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    EW Guest

    RE: Windows Defender, Vista Error Code 0x80240029

    "Moodman" wrote:

    > I tried the command prompt "Run command prompt as administrator
    > At the command prompt type: SFC /SCANNOW"
    > I got error code CBS.Log Windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
    > What should I do now??????
    > I tried everything else and nothing is working.
    > Thanks....


    I also have the same problem and no one has come up with an answer. Have
    you gotten anything? The CBS.log violation is a mystery to me, and it's the
    only error that "sfc /verifyonly" finds, BUT how can a .log file have an
    error??? It's nothing more than a text file! I know that it updates
    successfully at least daily. Strange. Let me know if you know more about
    this. I also wonder if the cbs.log violation is directly connected with the
    Defender 0x80240029 error code.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Windows Defender, Vista Error Code 0x80240029

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
error 0X80240029 windows defender
vista ultimate update...any information on this needed ASAP
Vista General
Error code 0x80240029
I had this problem before and followed the instructions to fix it and now I am getting the error again. I tried to redo the instructions and...
Vista General
Windows Defender, Vista and the 0x80240029 Error
Hello - I am running an HP, OEM version of Vista Home Premium. As I have discovered, Windows Defender is an integrated part of the OS, and my copy...
Vista security
Vista Defeender Error Code 0x80240029
I get the error code in "Subject" when I try to update my Defender file. I realize this means it is an illegal copy. My VISTA is band new, shipped...
Vista security
Windows Defender: Error Code 0x80240029
I've read the items in this newsgroup but found a solution at...
Vista security
Windows defender code 0x80240029: kan niet naar updates zoeken
Hallo, Ik heb windows vista,maar ik kan geen updates ophalen. Ik krijg dan deze code: 0x80240029 Kan iemand me helpen???
Vista General
Windows Defender, Vista and the 0x80240029 Error
I ran the scan in the administrator command prompt and I get error CBS.Log Windir\Logs\Cbs\Cbs.log
Vista General