Windows Vista Forums

Screen saver goes to black screen

  1. #1


    topcat Guest

    Screen saver goes to black screen

    With my new Vista Ultimate I notice after a while the screen saver is gone
    and the montior is black. Any way to keep the screen saver on all the time?
    Thank you. Bob

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    lforbes Guest

    RE: Screen saver goes to black screen

    Yes - Go to Control Panel - Power Options and set the options not to go to
    standbye or turn off monitor.

    Cheers,
    Lara

    "topcat" wrote:

    > With my new Vista Ultimate I notice after a while the screen saver is gone
    > and the montior is black. Any way to keep the screen saver on all the time?
    > Thank you. Bob


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    topcat Guest

    RE: Screen saver goes to black screen

    Alli I see in power options are Balanced, Power Saver & Hign Perfromance.

    "lforbes" wrote:

    > Yes - Go to Control Panel - Power Options and set the options not to go to
    > standbye or turn off monitor.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Lara
    >
    > "topcat" wrote:
    >
    > > With my new Vista Ultimate I notice after a while the screen saver is gone
    > > and the montior is black. Any way to keep the screen saver on all the time?
    > > Thank you. Bob


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    lforbes Guest

    RE: Screen saver goes to black screen

    Pick the one that is highlighted and click on "Change Plan Settings" written
    underneath. Change the turn off Display to "Never"


    Cheers,
    Lara

    "topcat" wrote:

    > Alli I see in power options are Balanced, Power Saver & Hign Perfromance.
    >
    > "lforbes" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes - Go to Control Panel - Power Options and set the options not to go to
    > > standbye or turn off monitor.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Lara
    > >
    > > "topcat" wrote:
    > >
    > > > With my new Vista Ultimate I notice after a while the screen saver is gone
    > > > and the montior is black. Any way to keep the screen saver on all the time?
    > > > Thank you. Bob


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    topcat Guest

    RE: Screen saver goes to black screen

    Thank you. That worked. Bob

    "lforbes" wrote:

    > Pick the one that is highlighted and click on "Change Plan Settings" written
    > underneath. Change the turn off Display to "Never"
    >
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Lara
    >
    > "topcat" wrote:
    >
    > > Alli I see in power options are Balanced, Power Saver & Hign Perfromance.
    > >
    > > "lforbes" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Yes - Go to Control Panel - Power Options and set the options not to go to
    > > > standbye or turn off monitor.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Lara
    > > >
    > > > "topcat" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > With my new Vista Ultimate I notice after a while the screen saver is gone
    > > > > and the montior is black. Any way to keep the screen saver on all the time?
    > > > > Thank you. Bob


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Screen saver goes to black screen

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Screen Saver to black unresponsive screen
I am having a very wierd issue with vista's screen saver. So basically when I leave the comp idle it goes into screen saver then turns off the...
General Discussion
password protection, log on screen, hibernate & screen saver problem
My user account is password protected and "require a password on wake up" is turned on . But when I resume from hibernate it return to desktop...
General Discussion
Photo screen saver changes colored photos to black and white
This happens after about 15 minutes of screen saver and not on a regular basis
Vista account administration
Is there any way to eliminate black & white photos in the screen saver?
I like the new screen saver, but prefer not to have the black & white effect, while in random mode. Is there any way to have all other effects...
Vista music pictures video
Media Center blank screen & Screen Saver hangs
I have installed Vista Build 5728 on my Inspiron 8600 laptop. It has a nvidia geforce go5200 display card. The problems i have are: 1) Vista...
Vista hardware & devices
Media Center blank screen & Screen Saver hangs
I have installed Vista Build 5728 on my Inspiron 8600 laptop. It has a nvidia geforce go5200 display card. The problems i have are: 1) Vista...
Vista hardware & devices
Media Center blank screen & Screen Saver hangs
I have installed Vista Build 5728 on my Inspiron 8600 laptop. It has a nvidia geforce go5200 display card. The problems i have are: 1) Vista...
Vista hardware & devices