With Vista I have a blind spot about folder views always being how I don't
want them. I know that this topic has come up ad nauseam, but if someone can
summarise the topic clearly and patiently I would be most grateful. In
1. What types of folder template are there in Windows Vista?
2. How do I tell (other than guessing from its appearance) which template a
particular folder is using?
3. If I think a folder should be using a different template how do I change
4. When I set up a new folder (for example by right-clicking in Windows
Explorer) which template does it default to?
5. Can I directly edit, save (and lock down - see 6) the properties of each
underlying template (rather than merely making changes to a particular
folder and hoping they propagate)?
6. When I then change the appearance of a particular folder how can I ensure
that the change to that folder DOES stick, but that the underlying template
7. Is there any way I can make the above changes for the computer as a whole
or is it necessarily on a per user basis?
8. What other questions about folder templates should I have asked in order
to have a good grasp of the topic?