Windows Vista Forums

Can't re-activate

  1. #1


    Peter. G Guest

    Can't re-activate

    Im not sure in which subject this belongs... so ill ask it here
    I bought vista home premium 32-bit from a store and installed it myself at
    home, i had a older crappy hard drive at the time. it crashed and i lost
    everything, soo i went out and bought a new one. I then reinstalled vista on
    it and all was well, except it wouldnt let me activate it! it was only ever
    used on this one computer. is there anything i can do? or am i out one
    genuine copy of vista ?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Jane C Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Hello Peter,

    Use the activate by telephone method. If the automatic part fails, stay on
    the line until you get to speak to a real human.

    --
    Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Peter. G" <Peter. G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:69AC19DD-AF4D-4DFA-BCE4-25B4946BB402@microsoft.com...
    > Im not sure in which subject this belongs... so ill ask it here
    > I bought vista home premium 32-bit from a store and installed it myself at
    > home, i had a older crappy hard drive at the time. it crashed and i lost
    > everything, soo i went out and bought a new one. I then reinstalled vista
    > on
    > it and all was well, except it wouldnt let me activate it! it was only
    > ever
    > used on this one computer. is there anything i can do? or am i out one
    > genuine copy of vista ?



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Alias Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Peter. G wrote:
    > Im not sure in which subject this belongs... so ill ask it here
    > I bought vista home premium 32-bit from a store and installed it myself at
    > home, i had a older crappy hard drive at the time. it crashed and i lost
    > everything, soo i went out and bought a new one. I then reinstalled vista on
    > it and all was well, except it wouldnt let me activate it! it was only ever
    > used on this one computer. is there anything i can do? or am i out one
    > genuine copy of vista ?


    You need to use the phone activation method and grovel to some guy in
    India so he will let you use the software license you paid for. Ain't
    activation grand? Tired of this crap? Check out Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com
    No activation. No becoming "genuine" and it's FREE!

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4
    Brink's Avatar

    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Texas, USA
    Posts : 31,569
    64-bit Windows 10 build 10122
    Local Time: 11:12
    usa us oklahoma

     

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane C View Post
    Hello Peter,

    Use the activate by telephone method. If the automatic part fails, stay on
    the line until you get to speak to a real human.

    --
    Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Peter. G" <Peter. G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:69AC19DD-AF4D-4DFA-BCE4-25B4946BB402@microsoft.com...
    > Im not sure in which subject this belongs... so ill ask it here
    > I bought vista home premium 32-bit from a store and installed it myself at
    > home, i had a older crappy hard drive at the time. it crashed and i lost
    > everything, soo i went out and bought a new one. I then reinstalled vista
    > on
    > it and all was well, except it wouldnt let me activate it! it was only
    > ever
    > used on this one computer. is there anything i can do? or am i out one
    > genuine copy of vista ?
    Hi Peter,

    You can use this as a guide for phone activation.

    Activate Vista by Phone

    Shawn

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Vista User Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    You just couldn't stand it could you. Your a troll and you know it.
    You said you would never be back yet here you are pushing your ubuntu crap
    again.
    Your one sick jerk.

    "Alias" <iamalias@shoesgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:fagt0u$ssh$6@aioe.org...
    > Peter. G wrote:
    >> Im not sure in which subject this belongs... so ill ask it here
    >> I bought vista home premium 32-bit from a store and installed it myself
    >> at home, i had a older crappy hard drive at the time. it crashed and i
    >> lost everything, soo i went out and bought a new one. I then reinstalled
    >> vista on it and all was well, except it wouldnt let me activate it! it
    >> was only ever used on this one computer. is there anything i can do? or
    >> am i out one genuine copy of vista ?

    >
    > You need to use the phone activation method and grovel to some guy in
    > India so he will let you use the software license you paid for. Ain't
    > activation grand? Tired of this crap? Check out Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com
    > No activation. No becoming "genuine" and it's FREE!
    >
    > --
    > Alias
    > To email me, remove shoes




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Frank Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Alias wrote:

    >
    > You need to use the phone activation method and grovel to some guy in
    > India so he will let you use the software license you paid for. Ain't
    > activation grand? Tired of this crap? Check out Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com
    > No activation. No becoming "genuine" and it's FREE!
    >

    No...we're all tired of your lying crap!
    You stupid jerk, get lost!
    Frank

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Alias Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Vista User wrote:
    > You just couldn't stand it could you. Your a troll and you know it.
    > You said you would never be back yet here you are pushing your ubuntu crap
    > again.
    > Your one sick jerk.


    Nice bedside manner. I offered two solutions. You only offered insults.
    Are you trying to be like Frank?

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Frank Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Alias wrote:

    > Vista User wrote:
    >
    >> You just couldn't stand it could you. Your a troll and you know it.
    >> You said you would never be back yet here you are pushing your ubuntu
    >> crap again.
    >> Your one sick jerk.

    >
    >
    > Nice bedside manner. I offered two solutions. You only offered insults.
    > Are you trying to be like Frank?
    >


    You ignorant *****, he's called you exactly what you are. A ***** linux
    lying loser troll!
    Remember when you said you'd not be back?
    Another one of your many, many lies.
    Frank

    Last edited by Brink; 22 Aug 2007 at 13:37.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Alias Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    Frank wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Vista User wrote:
    >>
    >>> You just couldn't stand it could you. Your a troll and you know it.
    >>> You said you would never be back yet here you are pushing your ubuntu
    >>> crap again.
    >>> Your one sick jerk.

    >>
    >>
    >> Nice bedside manner. I offered two solutions. You only offered
    >> insults. Are you trying to be like Frank?
    >>

    >
    > You ignorant POS, he's called you exactly what you are. A fukkin linux
    > lying loser troll!


    Like you, all he has to offer is bluster and insults. You haven't
    offered help to the OP either.

    > Remember when you said you'd not be back?


    I changed my mind.

    > Another one of your many, many lies.
    > Frank


    You're the liar and the buffoon, Frank.

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Mike Glenn Guest

    Re: Can't re-activate

    its funny that the most annoying idiot in this newsgroup (YOU), is telling
    other people to get lost! lol


    why dont you do us all a favor and do something with your life instead of
    sitting around trolling in this newsgroup?

    > You stupid jerk, get lost!


    say that again but this time look in the mirror in your ugly face and say it


    "Frank" <fb@nospaner.cnm> wrote in message
    news:OzEq6AN5HHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> You need to use the phone activation method and grovel to some guy in
    >> India so he will let you use the software license you paid for. Ain't
    >> activation grand? Tired of this crap? Check out Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com
    >> No activation. No becoming "genuine" and it's FREE!
    >>

    > No...we're all tired of your lying crap!
    > You stupid jerk, get lost!
    > Frank




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can't re-activate

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cannot activate servers
Hi folks, I have upgraded to win2k8 RTM, and am reapplying Hyper V serversI had already created. The problem is that they now ask me to activate...
Virtual Server
how to activate 3d
hi, i have windows vista RC1 ultimate, but when i press win+tab i dont get the 3D effect across a windows. so can any one help me out pliz wat...
Vista General
Can't Activate - Clicking Activate Windows Does Nothing :(
Hi, Oddly I can not activate Windows Vista. Clicking "Activate Windows now" does nothing. Also, auto activation never kicked in like it should...
Vista General
Why can't activate?
Well i have a very ugly problem :( I'm using Windows Vista Bussines at home and when i try to activate i get one error like: "A problem occurred...
Vista account administration
Not possible to activate
Hy all, I have just purshared a lot of Vista Business licences...; I have install only one pc the last week, but when i try to activate the...
Vista General
Cannot activate RC1
I now have 24 days to activate. However, when I go to activate it, I receive a dialog-box error message: Code: 0x8007232b (DNS name does not...
Vista installation & setup
How often can you activate?
You are allowed to install and test Beta 2 on up to 10 PCs. Does that mean, you can activate it 10 times? What if - due to "heavy" testing which...
Vista General