Greetings: I continue to get an error message when I try to do various
installations (office, Adobe Acrabat, etc.). I am being told that I do not
have sufficient permissions to "config.msi" and, then, I do not have
permissions to update the Registry.
I see this is a common problem, but, have not been able to see a solution to
the problem. Does anybody have a solution?
I have done the following to troubleshoot:
1. Created an administrator account using the "security settings" which
created an administrator account like seen on XP.
2. Have verified that my directory has security permissions of 1)
administrators; and 2) system.
3. Tried to give full permissions to my C: drive AND to the config.msi drive
using a [dos] command. I used the command cacls "%C"%" /t /e /c /g
administrators:f (also used sytem:f). When I tried this command for the
entire C: drive; and, tried this command for config.msi, I received an ACCESS
4. I right clicked the installation, and, tried to install as administrator
5. I created a new profile with administrative privlidges.
I tried a few more things, but, that were the main items that I tried. Any
help is greatly appreciated.
I see that Microsoft gives FREE tech support on vista for only the first 90
days after activation (it used to be 90 days from your first call to tech
Thanks for your help!