Posting this solution as it took me several hours to conquer.
For anyone who has purchased a Gateway M-6750 and decided to blwo away
the factory image and put a different version of Vista (ships with
Vista Home Premium, I put Enterprise on), you may encounter a problem
with getting the Marvell TOPDOG 802.11n wireless network adapter to
work. You may get errors such as "device cannot start" when installing
the drivers which Windows Update downloads automatically.
The solution for me was simple but took many attempts:
1. Uninstall the adapter from Device Manager
3. Connect your laptop to a wired internet connection
3. When prompted to install driver for hardware choose to have Windows
search for the correct driver
4. After it installs you will still notice (or will see the error)
that the device could not start
5. Now reboot your laptop
6. Upon reboot you should now see that the device is working
Crazy behavior, but it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you.