1) yep, the registry fixers has an option on backing up your registry.
2) maybe defragmenting the drive where ur operating system is will solve it.
3) or better yet, reinstall ur os...^^, i do that whenever my computer can't go on any more,
4) and try to uninstall some unwanted programs that hangs up ur pc.
5) if your problem still persist, when ur mouse hangs, run task manager and see what process causes it.
6) see what programs eats up ur cpu or ur memory processes...
then click end task,..
7) and if you see that there is nothing eating up the processes, well, its ur mouse....^^
add rep if i helped...hehehe