Zachary Hunt wrote:
> I have a portable hard drive that has a card reader attached also, it
> is for downloading my mCF cards form my camera and should be
> formatted to FAT32.
> A friend borrewed it andformatted it to NTFS and i can't seem to find
> how to reformat it to FAT32. Any sugestions greatfully recieved.
> Kind Regards
Am I correct ing assuming your external drive is larger than ~30Gb?
Vista and XP will only permit FAT32 formatting of drives that are around
30Gb or less.
If you can get access to a Windows 98 machine then format the drive with
If you do not have access to a Win98 box then :-
1. Remove the drive from the enclosure
2. Turn off your computer
3. Totally disconnect your computer's HDD/s (This is for safeties sake to
stop you from formatting your machines drives by mistake)
4. Connect the HDD from the enclosure to your motherboard and power supply
5. Obtain a Win98 boot floppy ( http://www.bootdisk.com
6. Boot your computer from the floppy disk
7.Run FDISK and delete the partion
8. Reboot from the floppy
9. Format the HDD with the FORMAT command
10. Turn off the machine
11. Remove the HDD and replace it in the enclosure
12. Reconnect your internal HDDs
13 Do not lend the external drive to your "Friend"