Windows Vista Forums

Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

  1. #1


    =?Utf-8?B?dG91Y2h5Mms=?= Guest

    Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    I downloaded the RC1 ISO image, but it will not boot and not recognized by my
    system. I burned 4 different DVD to eliminate the prospect of a bad DVD. When
    the image was downloaded it said it was successful with no errors. Here is
    the file name that I downloaded
    vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso. I
    tried redowloading again, but was not able to.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2



    Member
    Join Date : Feb 2006
    tampa, fl
    Posts : 113
    Local Time: 08:07 AM


     
    When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to get new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO or Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3


    =?Utf-8?B?dG91Y2h5Mms=?= Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    I also used Nero ULtra 7. I used Nero 7 for the Beta 2 also to burn the DVD -
    that worked fine. Maybe, I need another image to try, but cannot download
    from microsoft. anymore.

    "danbrown" wrote:

    >
    > When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to get
    > new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero
    > Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From
    > helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO or
    > Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again
    >
    >
    > --
    > danbrown
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5
    > View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14844
    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4


    =?Utf-8?B?dG91Y2h5Mms=?= Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    I have an idea how about ftp ypur image to me. i have my own beta 2 key I can
    use.
    ftp.ty2k.com
    username: vistarc1
    Password: vistahelp

    Invitation to participate in Windows Vista pre-RC1 test program


    We would like to invite you to help test the latest build of Windows Vista.


    Thank you for participating in the Windows Vista Beta 2 Customer Preview
    Program (CPP). Your help is playing a critical role in improving the overall
    quality of what we believe is one of the most important OS advances in the
    history of PC computing. As a participant in the Beta 2 CPP, you will be able
    to download Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) as soon as it becomes
    available.


    In the mean time, we are inviting a limited number of CPP participants to
    help test a pre-RC1 build. Your timely feedback on this build will help us
    improve the quality of the final RC1 release that will be available to
    millions of customers in the coming weeks.


    We are only making 100,000 downloads of this build available. As soon as we
    reach 100,000 downloads, the program will be closed. Participation in this
    program is not required for participation in the RC1 CPP. Whether or not you
    participate in this pre-RC1 test, we will send you another email message to
    alert you to the availability of the final RC1 build.



    here is an excerpt of the email received from MS:

    "danbrown" wrote:

    >
    > When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to get
    > new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero
    > Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From
    > helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO or
    > Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again
    >
    >
    > --
    > danbrown
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5
    > View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14844
    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5


    hdrdtd Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    Remember, once you have downloaded the .ISO file, you need to start Nero,
    then choose 'Open', navigate to where you stored the .ISO file, and choose
    that file, then burn it to DVD as a DVD Image, not as a normal data DVD.

    If you did it right, you'll be able to take the burned image DVD, put it in
    your DVD drive and it will launch automatically. You should also be able to
    open Windows Explorer and examine the DVD Image disc and see various
    subdirectories and files.


    Once you have done that
    "touchy2k" <touchy2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:F0CB37BF-3A32-4A7B-A7F7-F7A2250A9A2D@microsoft.com...
    >I also used Nero ULtra 7. I used Nero 7 for the Beta 2 also to burn the
    >DVD -
    > that worked fine. Maybe, I need another image to try, but cannot download
    > from microsoft. anymore.
    >
    > "danbrown" wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to get
    >> new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero
    >> Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From
    >> helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO or
    >> Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> danbrown
    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5
    >> View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14844
    >>
    >>




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6


    =?Utf-8?B?dG91Y2h5Mms=?= Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    I did everything to the3 letter but still does not work. I am not new to
    burning ISO images to dvd. as stated prior, I did this with BETA 2 - problem
    free. When i burn the DVDS they show up as RAW 0 available, 0 free. Yes, I
    chose to burn it as a DVD image. To be honest, I should not be spending this
    much time to get the product installed so i can test it. Anymore suggestions
    are always welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    "hdrdtd" wrote:

    > Remember, once you have downloaded the .ISO file, you need to start Nero,
    > then choose 'Open', navigate to where you stored the .ISO file, and choose
    > that file, then burn it to DVD as a DVD Image, not as a normal data DVD.
    >
    > If you did it right, you'll be able to take the burned image DVD, put it in
    > your DVD drive and it will launch automatically. You should also be able to
    > open Windows Explorer and examine the DVD Image disc and see various
    > subdirectories and files.
    >
    >
    > Once you have done that
    > "touchy2k" <touchy2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:F0CB37BF-3A32-4A7B-A7F7-F7A2250A9A2D@microsoft.com...
    > >I also used Nero ULtra 7. I used Nero 7 for the Beta 2 also to burn the
    > >DVD -
    > > that worked fine. Maybe, I need another image to try, but cannot download
    > > from microsoft. anymore.
    > >
    > > "danbrown" wrote:
    > >
    > >>
    > >> When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to get
    > >> new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero
    > >> Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From
    > >> helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO or
    > >> Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> danbrown
    > >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > >> danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5
    > >> View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14844
    > >>
    > >>

    >
    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7


    =?Utf-8?B?dG1heDYw?= Guest

    RE: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    I have the exact same problem. I definitely know what I'm doing setting the
    boot drive in the system BIOS as well as burning ISO images, so that doesn't
    seem to be an issue. I have noticed some older threads with this booting
    issue mentioning Pioneer drives...my laptop has the slim K16 multi-drive with
    the most current firmware. The strange thing is if I first boot the system
    with a DOS startup disc (from which it boots fine) and then FDISK and delete
    any partition information, the system will then boot from the DVD. It would
    be nice to be able to boot directly from the DVD as I would like to use the
    repair environment to restore backup images from an external HDD and I can't
    get there any other way (that I'm aware of, anyway).

    Any more suggestions out there?

    "touchy2k" wrote:

    > I downloaded the RC1 ISO image, but it will not boot and not recognized by my
    > system. I burned 4 different DVD to eliminate the prospect of a bad DVD. When
    > the image was downloaded it said it was successful with no errors. Here is
    > the file name that I downloaded
    > vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso. I
    > tried redowloading again, but was not able to.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8


    hdrdtd Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    Sorry, no offense intended, I just had to make sure....

    Are you able to see any files/folders on the burned DVD?

    As you probably remember, a long time ago, there was much discussion about
    burning the image at the slowest speed possible.

    I 've never had any such problem with any of the images I've downloaded and
    burned myself at the max speed of the burner/media, but I guess others have.

    "touchy2k" <touchy2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:01D78336-9CB3-485A-970A-0E5AA3E692AE@microsoft.com...
    >I did everything to the3 letter but still does not work. I am not new to
    > burning ISO images to dvd. as stated prior, I did this with BETA 2 -
    > problem
    > free. When i burn the DVDS they show up as RAW 0 available, 0 free. Yes, I
    > chose to burn it as a DVD image. To be honest, I should not be spending
    > this
    > much time to get the product installed so i can test it. Anymore
    > suggestions
    > are always welcome.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > "hdrdtd" wrote:
    >
    >> Remember, once you have downloaded the .ISO file, you need to start Nero,
    >> then choose 'Open', navigate to where you stored the .ISO file, and
    >> choose
    >> that file, then burn it to DVD as a DVD Image, not as a normal data DVD.
    >>
    >> If you did it right, you'll be able to take the burned image DVD, put it
    >> in
    >> your DVD drive and it will launch automatically. You should also be able
    >> to
    >> open Windows Explorer and examine the DVD Image disc and see various
    >> subdirectories and files.
    >>
    >>
    >> Once you have done that
    >> "touchy2k" <touchy2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> news:F0CB37BF-3A32-4A7B-A7F7-F7A2250A9A2D@microsoft.com...
    >> >I also used Nero ULtra 7. I used Nero 7 for the Beta 2 also to burn the
    >> >DVD -
    >> > that worked fine. Maybe, I need another image to try, but cannot
    >> > download
    >> > from microsoft. anymore.
    >> >
    >> > "danbrown" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>
    >> >> When you burned the file did you burn it as an Image file? I had to
    >> >> get
    >> >> new software before I could burn it properly. I ended up getting Nero
    >> >> Ultimate and was able to burn a good copy. It installed great. From
    >> >> helpful posts I learned thet you must find the option to burn as ISO
    >> >> or
    >> >> Image and burn at lowest speed to insure clean copy. Try again
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> --
    >> >> danbrown
    >> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> >> danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5
    >> >> View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14844
    >> >>
    >> >>

    >>
    >>
    >>




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9


    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyZWZvb3Q=?= Guest

    RE: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    The Download Manager Failed. I downloaded from my browser successful download
    but unable to burn due to an error in the iso. Was finally able to burn a
    disk but get an error at launch. The ISO is obviously broken but I am unable
    to replace

    "tmax60" wrote:

    > I have the exact same problem. I definitely know what I'm doing setting the
    > boot drive in the system BIOS as well as burning ISO images, so that doesn't
    > seem to be an issue. I have noticed some older threads with this booting
    > issue mentioning Pioneer drives...my laptop has the slim K16 multi-drive with
    > the most current firmware. The strange thing is if I first boot the system
    > with a DOS startup disc (from which it boots fine) and then FDISK and delete
    > any partition information, the system will then boot from the DVD. It would
    > be nice to be able to boot directly from the DVD as I would like to use the
    > repair environment to restore backup images from an external HDD and I can't
    > get there any other way (that I'm aware of, anyway).
    >
    > Any more suggestions out there?
    >
    > "touchy2k" wrote:
    >
    > > I downloaded the RC1 ISO image, but it will not boot and not recognized by my
    > > system. I burned 4 different DVD to eliminate the prospect of a bad DVD. When
    > > the image was downloaded it said it was successful with no errors. Here is
    > > the file name that I downloaded
    > > vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso. I
    > > tried redowloading again, but was not able to.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10


    David Wilkinson Guest

    Re: Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot

    touchy2k wrote:

    > I downloaded the RC1 ISO image, but it will not boot and not recognized by my
    > system. I burned 4 different DVD to eliminate the prospect of a bad DVD. When
    > the image was downloaded it said it was successful with no errors. Here is
    > the file name that I downloaded
    > vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso. I
    > tried redowloading again, but was not able to.


    touchy:

    I assume you checked the hash of the .iso download? There is no point in
    burning if the hash is bad.

    Build 5536 x86
    MD5 hash: e7f0a439e1e61d57ebf3c4f89e2f96d7
    SHA1 hash: d1e7eaeb9893200c80e8a4902f2b012f3ff3eef6

    David Wilkinson



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Downloaded RC1 ISO Image, but not recognized and will not boot
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Getting VPC to boot from an image Virtual PC
Image Date Created not recognized Vista file management
vista recognized & downloaded driver. now won't reinstall it Drivers
USB device not recognized at boot Network & Sharing
downloaded iso image is only 13.7 mb in size Vista installation & setup