Windows Vista Forums

Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

  1. #1


    John Schroeder Guest

    Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from Connect
    and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code 0x8007000D.
    "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".

    I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the Home
    or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    -JFS
    --
    John F. Schroeder
    Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    College of Charleston
    Charleston, SC

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    You can use the Server keys, you will get an invalid license error, its
    either another Business key or Ultimate keys. I suspect this attributed to
    the upgrade, try doing a clean install instead or try activating under
    another Admin account.
    --
    --
    Andre
    Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    news:EC3ED894-939D-4849-B9E7-24B2C089F09A@microsoft.com...
    >I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from Connect
    > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code 0x8007000D.
    > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    >
    > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the Home
    > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > -JFS
    > --
    > John F. Schroeder
    > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > College of Charleston
    > Charleston, SC




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    John Schroeder Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    Are the Beta 2 keys limited to one activation on one machine only? Previous
    keys seemed to work on multiples, which is good in my environment (I'm trying
    to let my helpdesk get some experience with the product).
    -JFS
    --
    John F. Schroeder
    Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    College of Charleston
    Charleston, SC


    "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

    > You can use the Server keys, you will get an invalid license error, its
    > either another Business key or Ultimate keys. I suspect this attributed to
    > the upgrade, try doing a clean install instead or try activating under
    > another Admin account.
    > --
    > --
    > Andre
    > Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    >
    > "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    > news:EC3ED894-939D-4849-B9E7-24B2C089F09A@microsoft.com...
    > >I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from Connect
    > > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code 0x8007000D.
    > > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    > >
    > > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the Home
    > > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > > -JFS
    > > --
    > > John F. Schroeder
    > > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > > College of Charleston
    > > Charleston, SC

    >
    >
    >


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Zack Whittaker Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    Nah you can update about 10 machines on one single key - thereabouts. Might
    depend on which program you're attached to, but if the worst comes to the
    worst, just generate a new key from MSDN or Connect.

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
    MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
    Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
    This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
    of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
    that up!

    --: Original message follows :--
    "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    news:A179D680-B91C-4FE2-908E-EA372C023A34@microsoft.com...
    > Are the Beta 2 keys limited to one activation on one machine only?
    > Previous
    > keys seemed to work on multiples, which is good in my environment (I'm
    > trying
    > to let my helpdesk get some experience with the product).
    > -JFS
    > --
    > John F. Schroeder
    > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > College of Charleston
    > Charleston, SC
    >
    >
    > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
    >
    >> You can use the Server keys, you will get an invalid license error, its
    >> either another Business key or Ultimate keys. I suspect this attributed
    >> to
    >> the upgrade, try doing a clean install instead or try activating under
    >> another Admin account.
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    >>
    >> "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    >> news:EC3ED894-939D-4849-B9E7-24B2C089F09A@microsoft.com...
    >> >I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from
    >> >Connect
    >> > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code
    >> > 0x8007000D.
    >> > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    >> >
    >> > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the
    >> > Home
    >> > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    >> > -JFS
    >> > --
    >> > John F. Schroeder
    >> > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    >> > College of Charleston
    >> > Charleston, SC

    >>
    >>
    >>




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    Check your MSDN license agreement to find out how many activations are
    possible. The last time I checked, it was 10.
    --
    --
    Andre
    Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    news:A179D680-B91C-4FE2-908E-EA372C023A34@microsoft.com...
    > Are the Beta 2 keys limited to one activation on one machine only?
    > Previous
    > keys seemed to work on multiples, which is good in my environment (I'm
    > trying
    > to let my helpdesk get some experience with the product).
    > -JFS
    > --
    > John F. Schroeder
    > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > College of Charleston
    > Charleston, SC
    >
    >
    > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
    >
    >> You can use the Server keys, you will get an invalid license error, its
    >> either another Business key or Ultimate keys. I suspect this attributed
    >> to
    >> the upgrade, try doing a clean install instead or try activating under
    >> another Admin account.
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    >>
    >> "John Schroeder" <john_at_jfschroeder_dot_com> wrote in message
    >> news:EC3ED894-939D-4849-B9E7-24B2C089F09A@microsoft.com...
    >> >I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from
    >> >Connect
    >> > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code
    >> > 0x8007000D.
    >> > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    >> >
    >> > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the
    >> > Home
    >> > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    >> > -JFS
    >> > --
    >> > John F. Schroeder
    >> > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    >> > College of Charleston
    >> > Charleston, SC

    >>
    >>
    >>




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Cary Moore Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    Try uninstalling daemon tools if you have it installed!

    John Schroeder wrote:
    > I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from
    > Connect and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code
    > 0x8007000D. "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    >
    > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the
    > Home or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > -JFS



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Cary Moore Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    I should have also said, if Daemon Tools is the cause then after
    un-install of DT and a successful activation don't re-install DT as
    your Vista becomes "de-activated" again and re-activation will fail
    until DT is removed.


    Cary Moore wrote:

    > Try uninstalling daemon tools if you have it installed!
    >
    > John Schroeder wrote:
    > > I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from
    > > Connect and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code
    > > 0x8007000D. "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    > >
    > > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried
    > > the Home or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > > -JFS



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    DD Guest

    Re: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    Cary Moore wrote:
    > I should have also said, if Daemon Tools is the cause then after
    > un-install of DT and a successful activation don't re-install DT as
    > your Vista becomes "de-activated" again and re-activation will fail
    > until DT is removed.


    so is already ms deciding what we can install on our pc ?



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    D_wend Guest

    RE: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    I have the same problem the thing is I only have one key the key from install
    and it dose not work. Also how do you get more keys? Thank for the help.

    "John Schroeder" wrote:

    > I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from Connect
    > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code 0x8007000D.
    > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    >
    > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the Home
    > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > -JFS
    > --
    > John F. Schroeder
    > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > College of Charleston
    > Charleston, SC


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    WildFire Guest

    RE: Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D

    I upgraded from xp pro as well and I have registered 3 or 4 times. Site says
    thank you for registering but keep getting balloon popup that says I am not
    activated and only have 9 days left. Can't be just this small amount of
    people having this issue. I have even gotten confirmation email everytime I
    have registered/activated vista.

    "D_wend" wrote:

    > I have the same problem the thing is I only have one key the key from install
    > and it dose not work. Also how do you get more keys? Thank for the help.
    >
    > "John Schroeder" wrote:
    >
    > > I get a Windows Activation Error on Beta 2, which I downloaded from Connect
    > > and installed as an upgrade over Windows XP Pro. Error Code 0x8007000D.
    > > "More information" tells me "the data is invalid".
    > >
    > > I used the Beta 2 Business key I got on connect. I haven't tried the Home
    > > or Enterprise Server keys I got yet.
    > > -JFS
    > > --
    > > John F. Schroeder
    > > Email/Communications Developer/Analyst
    > > College of Charleston
    > > Charleston, SC


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows Activation Error 0x8007000D
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Error code: 0x8007000D Vista installation & setup
ERROR 0X8007000D in OEM install Vista installation & setup
Error: 200, Error Number: 0x8007000D after receiving headers Vista mail
RC1 x64 Install Error 0x8007000D Vista installation & setup
error code 0x8007000d Vista General