Thanks. I tried changing that, but it makes no difference. (Also, the
correct value really is cdoSendUsingPort--unless there's been an unexpected
change in Vista.)
"Steve Cochran" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> My guess its in this line:
>>> !cdoSendUsingMethod = cdoSendUsingPort
> "Tech_vs_Life" <email@example.com> wrote in message
>> After switching from XP to Vista, I'm having problems with some code that
>> makes use of cdo (I'm using my ISP email account to send mail via smtp).
>> Initially I got back an error:
>> The 'SendUsing' configuration value is invalid.
>> But after configuring Windows mail and Outlook with the email account (a
>> step that used to resolve cdo problems on XP), the same code produced an
>> entirely different error:
>> Error reported: -2147220975. The message could not be sent to the SMTP
>> Server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response
>> not available.
>> Sending via Windows mail or Outlook works fine, but I need to send via
>> Note that this code worked fine in XP. The code is as follows (I've
>> tried setting cdoSMTPUseSSL to false, but it didn't help.):
>> Const ksFrom As String = "SenderName@comcast.net"
>> Dim oCfg As cdo.Configuration
>> Dim oMsg As cdo.Message
>> Set oCfg = New cdo.Configuration
>> With oCfg.Fields
>> !cdoSendUsingMethod = cdoSendUsingPort
>> !cdoSMTPServer = "smtp.comcast.net"
>> !cdoSMTPServerPort = 25
>> !cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout = 120
>> !cdoSMTPAuthenticate = cdoBasic
>> !cdoSMTPUseSSL = True
>> !cdoSendUserName = "SenderName"
>> !cdoSendPassword = "password"
>> End With
>> Set oMsg = New cdo.Message
>> With oMsg
>> Set .Configuration = oCfg
>> .To = sTo
>> .From = ksFrom
>> .Sender = ksFrom
>> .Subject = sSubject
>> .ReplyTo = "SenderName2@gmail.com"
>> If Len(sCC) Then .CC = sCC
>> If Len(sBCC) Then .BCC = sBCC
>> If Len(sFileName) Then .AddAttachment sFileName
>> If Len(sMsg) Then .TextBody = sMsg
>> End With
>> Set oMsg = Nothing
>> Set oCfg = Nothing
>> EmailDocs = True
>> Exit Function