Windows Vista Forums

Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

  1. #1


    Marissa Guest

    Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

    Hi,
    I've had a Comcast account on this computer for over a month now and have
    never had any problems. All of a sudden two days ago, the emails in my inbox
    disappeared & turned up in the Microsoft Windows Inbox...and this happens
    daily. This is really a problem & I do not want to use Microsoft windows
    email AT ALL. I just want to be able to use the Comcast email in peace.

    I tried going to tools-account-advanced-properties-leave a copy of the
    message on the server, but this just created duplicates in the Windows email.

    Any ideas of what I can do? And to get the emails back to Comcast (I can't
    forward them or send emails from this account)? And why this started to
    happen out of nowhere?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    John Inzer Guest

    Re: Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

    Marissa wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I've had a Comcast account on this computer for over a month now and
    > have never had any problems. All of a sudden two days ago, the
    > emails in my inbox disappeared & turned up in the Microsoft Windows
    > Inbox...and this happens daily. This is really a problem & I do not
    > want to use Microsoft windows email AT ALL. I just want to be able
    > to use the Comcast email in peace.
    >
    > I tried going to tools-account-advanced-properties-leave a copy of the
    > message on the server, but this just created duplicates in the
    > Windows email.
    >
    > Any ideas of what I can do? And to get the emails back to Comcast (I
    > can't forward them or send emails from this account)? And why this
    > started to happen out of nowhere?
    =================================
    Just some ideas...good luck.

    Forwarding the messages to yourself should
    make the forwarded versions appear on the
    Comcast site.

    Apparently you originally set up the Comcast
    Account in Windows Mail.

    If you prefer to send and receive e-mail from
    the Comcast website...you might try deleting
    the Comcast Account from Windows Mail.

    If you navigate to the screen shown in the
    following tutorial...you can remove the Comcast
    Account by clicking the Remove button.

    Comcast : How do I create an
    email account in Windows Mail?
    http://tinyurl.com/2o9rxm

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -
    Digital Image MVP

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Marissa Guest

    Re: Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

    Thank you, John. I did not set up the account on this computer, so I"m
    really not sure how everything was set up initially. However, I do plan to
    remove the Comcast account from Windows email, but first I need the messages
    to be forwarded to my Comcast account. And this is the error message I get
    when I try to do so:

    The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
    correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
    problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
    "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
    the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

    The rejected e-mail address was 'newportcapital@xxxxxx'. Subject 'Fw:
    Marketing Plan', Account: 'George Oneal', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net',
    Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 Authentication required', Port: 587,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

    Apparently it does not recognize my comcast account even though it is able
    to access the emails in the inbox from it....


    "John Inzer" wrote:

    > Marissa wrote:

    > > Hi,
    > > I've had a Comcast account on this computer for over a month now and
    > > have never had any problems. All of a sudden two days ago, the
    > > emails in my inbox disappeared & turned up in the Microsoft Windows
    > > Inbox...and this happens daily. This is really a problem & I do not
    > > want to use Microsoft windows email AT ALL. I just want to be able
    > > to use the Comcast email in peace.
    > >
    > > I tried going to tools-account-advanced-properties-leave a copy of the
    > > message on the server, but this just created duplicates in the
    > > Windows email.
    > >
    > > Any ideas of what I can do? And to get the emails back to Comcast (I
    > > can't forward them or send emails from this account)? And why this
    > > started to happen out of nowhere?
    > =================================
    > Just some ideas...good luck.
    >
    > Forwarding the messages to yourself should
    > make the forwarded versions appear on the
    > Comcast site.
    >
    > Apparently you originally set up the Comcast
    > Account in Windows Mail.
    >
    > If you prefer to send and receive e-mail from
    > the Comcast website...you might try deleting
    > the Comcast Account from Windows Mail.
    >
    > If you navigate to the screen shown in the
    > following tutorial...you can remove the Comcast
    > Account by clicking the Remove button.
    >
    > Comcast : How do I create an
    > email account in Windows Mail?
    > http://tinyurl.com/2o9rxm
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer
    > MS Picture It! -
    > Digital Image MVP
    >
    > Digital Image
    > Highlights and FAQs
    > http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
    >
    > Notice
    > This is not tech support
    > I am a volunteer
    >
    > Solutions that work for
    > me may not work for you
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk
    >
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    John Inzer Guest

    Re: Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

    Marissa wrote:

    > Thank you, John. I did not set up the account on this computer, so
    > I"m really not sure how everything was set up initially. However, I
    > do plan to remove the Comcast account from Windows email, but first I
    > need the messages to be forwarded to my Comcast account. And this is
    > the error message I get when I try to do so:
    >
    > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
    > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
    > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
    > the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
    > determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
    > service provider.
    >
    > The rejected e-mail address was 'newportcapital@xxxxxx'. Subject
    > 'Fw: Marketing Plan', Account: 'George Oneal', Server:
    > 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530
    > Authentication required', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
    > 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    >
    > Apparently it does not recognize my comcast account even though it is
    > able to access the emails in the inbox from it....
    ==============================
    Is the account setup as per the instructions
    in the tutorial I posted for you?

    Maybe the following article would be useful:

    Comcast - How do I verify my
    email settings in Windows Mail?
    http://tinyurl.com/2ww495

    Note on the "Server" tab...the article states...
    Check..."My server requires authentication"
    Does your account have that box checked?

    Have you tried contacting Comcast?
    http://www.comcast.net/help/

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -
    Digital Image MVP

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk




      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Guest

    Re: Emails being deleted from my Comcast account

    "Marissa" <Marissa@xxxxxx> wrote in message
    news:8DAD1961-0978-426F-AD47-41BBCE2FFA11@xxxxxx

    > Hi,
    > I've had a Comcast account on this computer for over a month now and have
    > never had any problems. All of a sudden two days ago, the emails in my
    > inbox
    > disappeared & turned up in the Microsoft Windows Inbox...and this happens
    > daily. This is really a problem & I do not want to use Microsoft windows
    > email AT ALL. I just want to be able to use the Comcast email in peace.
    >
    > I tried going to tools-account-advanced-properties-leave a copy of the
    > message on the server, but this just created duplicates in the Windows
    > email.
    >
    > Any ideas of what I can do? And to get the emails back to Comcast (I can't
    > forward them or send emails from this account)? And why this started to
    > happen out of nowhere?
    Mails in what inbox disappeared?
    I've never heard of a Microsoft Windows inbox.

    --
    Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
    www.fjsmjs.com
    Do not send email


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Emails being deleted from my Comcast account
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
e-mail not being erased from Comcast when removed from "deleted it Vista mail
cannot send emails, deleted emails dont appear in deleted folder Live Mail
To All COMCAST Account Holders Live Mail
Comcast Issues? Can't receive any emails Vista mail
Windows Mail deleted mail from my Primary Comcast account!? Vista mail