To configure your AOL or AIM e-mail in the Windows Mail software:
1. Click the Tools menu, then click Accounts....
2. Click the Mail tab.
3. Click imap.aol.com or imap.aim.com to highlight it, then click the
4. Click the Servers tab.
5. Click the My server requires authentication box to place a check mark in
it, then click the Apply button.
6. Click the Advanced tab.
7. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP): box, type 587, then click the Apply button.
8. Click the IMAP tab.
9. Click the Store special folders on IMAP server box to clear it, then
click the Apply button.
10. Click the OK button.
11. Click the Close button.
Customer Care Consultant
"Stacey in mail hell :-)" wrote:
> I have tried everything and I have looked at other peoples posts and I just
> cant figure it out. I have a new laptop with Windows Vista and I am trying
> to use Windows Mail with AOL 9.0. I can get my mail just fine but I can not
> send mail at all!. Please does ANYONE know how to configure the settings? I
> am so fustrated! I want this to work! Thank you kindly...