Windows Vista Forums

Print date picture was taken on picture

  1. #1


    Carol Guest

    Print date picture was taken on picture

    I have Windows Photo Gallery and Hp Photosmart printer. I need the date the
    picture was taken printed on the picture for a legal reason. How do I do
    this. I can get the picture on the screen with the date but it does not
    print.
    --
    Thanx to all who can help me. Carol

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    John Inzer Guest

    Re: Print date picture was taken on picture

    Carol wrote:

    > I have Windows Photo Gallery and Hp Photosmart printer. I need the
    > date the picture was taken printed on the picture for a legal reason.
    > How do I do this. I can get the picture on the screen with the date
    > but it does not print.
    ==================================
    Maybe the following free software would
    be worth a try.

    FastStone Image Viewer
    http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

    "Basic steps to add dates to image files
    using Fast Stone Image Viewer"

    (You'll have to experiment with position, font
    size, color and the various Variables to achieve
    the result you desire.)

    Tools / Batch Convert / Batch Convert tab...

    Check the box...Use advanced options...

    Advanced Options button / Text tab /
    Check the box...Use Text...

    Open the drop window..."Insert a Variable"
    choose...EXIF DateTime / Date and Time...OK...

    Add the files you wish to append...

    Choose an Output Format...

    Choose an Output folder...

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk



      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Carol Guest

    Re: Print date picture was taken on picture

    Thank you for the help. I actually copied the pictures to a different
    software and it worked. I will play with your suggestions and appreciate the
    fact that you responded.
    --
    Thanx to all who can help me. Carol


    "John Inzer" wrote:

    > Carol wrote:

    > > I have Windows Photo Gallery and Hp Photosmart printer. I need the
    > > date the picture was taken printed on the picture for a legal reason.
    > > How do I do this. I can get the picture on the screen with the date
    > > but it does not print.
    > ==================================
    > Maybe the following free software would
    > be worth a try.
    >
    > FastStone Image Viewer
    > http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
    >
    > "Basic steps to add dates to image files
    > using Fast Stone Image Viewer"
    >
    > (You'll have to experiment with position, font
    > size, color and the various Variables to achieve
    > the result you desire.)
    >
    > Tools / Batch Convert / Batch Convert tab...
    >
    > Check the box...Use advanced options...
    >
    > Advanced Options button / Text tab /
    > Check the box...Use Text...
    >
    > Open the drop window..."Insert a Variable"
    > choose...EXIF DateTime / Date and Time...OK...
    >
    > Add the files you wish to append...
    >
    > Choose an Output Format...
    >
    > Choose an Output folder...
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer
    > Digital Media MVP
    >
    > Notice
    > This is not tech support
    > I am a volunteer
    >
    > Solutions that work for
    > me may not work for you
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk
    >
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    John Inzer Guest

    Re: Print date picture was taken on picture

    Carol wrote:

    > Thank you for the help. I actually copied the pictures to a different
    > software and it worked. I will play with your suggestions and
    > appreciate the fact that you responded.
    ==============
    You're welcome.

    Which software worked for you?

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk



      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Print date picture was taken on picture
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 picture viewer : is it possible to print a picture in it's original size ? Vista General
trying to print smaller picture .NET General
Scanned Real picture from 1995, how to change the created date? Vista music pictures video
problem with Date picture taken on copied files to photo gallery Vista General
My Picture folder won't show thumbnail of my real picture Vista General