Can you get the details from Problem Reports and Solutions? This should help
pinpoint the cause of the crash.
1. Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Maintenance.
3. Click on "Problem Reports and Solutions".
4. In the Problem Reports and Solutions window, on the left hand side click
on "View Problem History".
5. Locate the Windows Movie Maker application in the problem list and double
click on its entry.
6. Click on "Copy to clipboard" and then paste the information to a reply to
Thanks and have a great day,
Windows Live Butterfly
News and Experiences on Windows Vista and beyond: http://www.windows-now.com
This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Steve Tibbett" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with Windows Movie Maker on Vista (RTM, through
> Details here:
> Basically.. the app used to work, and now it doesn't. I've upgraded the
> video driver, installed QuickTime, DivX, and Nero, and I don't know which
> of these broke Windows Movie Maker.
> I tried disabling the codecs I could disable in Windows Movie Maker's
> options, but that didn't help.
> Has anyone run into something like this? Any suggestions?
> Steve Tibbett