Windows Vista Forums

Network and Sharing Center

  1. #1


    TheSarah Guest

    Network and Sharing Center

    I have a strange problem. I can't access my Network and Sharing Center. At
    all. I try to open it and it stops responding, then I have to task manager to
    end it. I use a Netgear USB Adapter to access my internet and it's been
    working fine until now. It's a strange problem because the Network center
    icon is still in my tray and it displays the "no connectivity" icon. If I
    roll over it, it displays "Connection Status: Unknown" and "Server Execution
    Failed". I can still access the internet from the computer (in fact I'm doing
    so now), but it runs slower than normal and I don't know what the hell I'm
    connected to. There are 3 routers in my range and only one of them is mine. I
    can't get into the center to connect to mine or make sure it's connected to
    mine and it's just messed up. Any ideas?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Sanity Guest

    RE: Network and Sharing Center


    I had that same problem after I did a remote connection to my computer. I
    could only fix it with a system restore.

    "TheSarah" wrote:

    > I have a strange problem. I can't access my Network and Sharing Center. At
    > all. I try to open it and it stops responding, then I have to task manager to
    > end it. I use a Netgear USB Adapter to access my internet and it's been
    > working fine until now. It's a strange problem because the Network center
    > icon is still in my tray and it displays the "no connectivity" icon. If I
    > roll over it, it displays "Connection Status: Unknown" and "Server Execution
    > Failed". I can still access the internet from the computer (in fact I'm doing
    > so now), but it runs slower than normal and I don't know what the hell I'm
    > connected to. There are 3 routers in my range and only one of them is mine. I
    > can't get into the center to connect to mine or make sure it's connected to
    > mine and it's just messed up. Any ideas?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    TheSarah Guest

    RE: Network and Sharing Center

    How far back did you have to System Restore? Or do you have any idea why
    yours did it?

    "Sanity" wrote:

    >
    > I had that same problem after I did a remote connection to my computer. I
    > could only fix it with a system restore.
    >
    > "TheSarah" wrote:
    >

    > > I have a strange problem. I can't access my Network and Sharing Center. At
    > > all. I try to open it and it stops responding, then I have to task manager to
    > > end it. I use a Netgear USB Adapter to access my internet and it's been
    > > working fine until now. It's a strange problem because the Network center
    > > icon is still in my tray and it displays the "no connectivity" icon. If I
    > > roll over it, it displays "Connection Status: Unknown" and "Server Execution
    > > Failed". I can still access the internet from the computer (in fact I'm doing
    > > so now), but it runs slower than normal and I don't know what the hell I'm
    > > connected to. There are 3 routers in my range and only one of them is mine. I
    > > can't get into the center to connect to mine or make sure it's connected to
    > > mine and it's just messed up. Any ideas?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sanity Guest

    RE: Network and Sharing Center

    I had to restore to a week prior to it. I think its just a windows bug that
    will hopefully be addressed in SP1. here is a solution I was given, I did it
    anyways even though I already restored,
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1001

    "TheSarah" wrote:

    > How far back did you have to System Restore? Or do you have any idea why
    > yours did it?
    >
    > "Sanity" wrote:
    >

    > >
    > > I had that same problem after I did a remote connection to my computer. I
    > > could only fix it with a system restore.
    > >
    > > "TheSarah" wrote:
    > >

    > > > I have a strange problem. I can't access my Network and Sharing Center. At
    > > > all. I try to open it and it stops responding, then I have to task manager to
    > > > end it. I use a Netgear USB Adapter to access my internet and it's been
    > > > working fine until now. It's a strange problem because the Network center
    > > > icon is still in my tray and it displays the "no connectivity" icon. If I
    > > > roll over it, it displays "Connection Status: Unknown" and "Server Execution
    > > > Failed". I can still access the internet from the computer (in fact I'm doing
    > > > so now), but it runs slower than normal and I don't know what the hell I'm
    > > > connected to. There are 3 routers in my range and only one of them is mine. I
    > > > can't get into the center to connect to mine or make sure it's connected to
    > > > mine and it's just messed up. Any ideas?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Jacee Guest

    Re: Network and Sharing Center


    TheSarah,
    Do you have Aim and did you allow a recent update?
    Please see this 'fix', if this has happened to you:
    'Aim 6.5 and Windows Vista, Server execution failed and Media Player
    Issues tek' (http://tinyurl.com/yr38hh)

    Also, do you have Windows One Care?


    --
    Jacee

    *MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 & 2007*
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Network and Sharing Center
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Network Connections disappeared in Network sharing center Vista networking & sharing
network and sharing center vista cannot turn on media sharing Vista networking & sharing
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center Vista networking & sharing
Network and sharing center does not allow changes Vista networking & sharing
network and sharing center Vista networking & sharing