You have a belkin router and a laptop.
1. Connect your laptop to the router with a Cat5 cable(Ethernet cable)
2. log into your router.
3. Set up your internet connection(username and passoword, if this is the
only computer on your network).
You will see the different sections when you are there!
4. Set up a SSID Network and WPA or WPA2 Security Key.
5. Save all changes.
6. disconnect cable from laptop.
7. in vista, go to start>connect to> your wireless network should show.
You don't provide enough info as to whether yours is the sole computer, or
"smeg ed" wrote:
> Hi there all
> Got a new laptop and trying to get it wireless with a belkin router, when i
> go to network and sharing i can see the wireless icon there but it is not
> conneted. how do i do this? Tried everything and i am about to crack up.
> Friend reckons you must be conected with wires on one computer before you can
> connect wireless for other computers (laptops). I only got one laptop which
> i want wireless is this ok.